A six-game road winning streak hangs in the balance for the Portland Trail Blazers (45-28), who will be 1-point underdogs when they meet the New Orleans Pelicans (43-31) at Smoothie King Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221.5 points and action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Portland Trail Blazers at New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Pelicans got blown out by the Houston Rockets, 114-91, while the Trail Blazers edged the Oklahoma City Thunder, 108-105.
The Trail Blazers had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 23.0) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.517 vs. 0.488). New Orleans, meanwhile, held Houston to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.8 (below their season average of 21.9). Anthony Davis played a key role for New Orleans with 25 points and eight rebounds. Portland received a boost from CJ McCollum, who recorded 34 points.
This showdown pits one of the leagues top offenses against one of its elite defenses as New Orleans currently ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.539) and Portland is fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.504).
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Trail Blazers are involved, as 56.2 percent of their games have ended under the total. Portland holds records of 45-28 straight up (SU) and 40-26-7 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Portland, games including the Pelicans have typically finished over the projected point total (59.5 percent). Further, New Orleans owns records of 43-31 SU and 40-33-1 ATS.
Jusuf Nurkic has really been playing well as of late for Portland, averaging 13.8 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks over the last five games.
The Pelicans lead the season series two games to one. The two teams combined to put up 232 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 219. New Orleans won 119-113, covering as a 4-point favorite. New Orleans did an excellent job of making free throws (22-23; 95.7 percent). Portland, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 16.3). DeMarcus Cousins put up a double-double in the victory with 24 points and 19 rebounds.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Over
- The Pelicans rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- New Orleans ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Portland ranks last (7.9).
- The Trail Blazers average 45.4 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Pelicans rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (45.4).
- Portland ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while New Orleans ranks 26th (30.9).
- Portland ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while New Orleans ranks 23rd (17.4).
- The Pelicans rank third in assists per game (26.4) while the Trail Blazers rank last (19.4).
- The Trail Blazers average 13.4 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- New Orleans ranks 15th in steals per game (7.8) while Portland ranks 29th (6.8).
- Portland ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while New Orleans ranks 27th (47.6).
- New Orleans is 10-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Portland is 23-5.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Pelicans are 40-19 and the Trail Blazers are 40-15.
- New Orleans is 17-19-1 ATS at home, while Portland is 20-12-3 ATS on the road.
- The Trail Blazers have 21 unders and 14 overs in 35 road games.
- The Pelicans have 26 overs and 11 unders in 37 home games.
- In their last five games, Portland and New Orleans are both 3-1-1 ATS.
- The Trail Blazers have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Pelicans have 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (1.0 above their season average).
- The Pelicans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 0.4 for the season.