The Portland Trail Blazers (0-3) will try to stave off elimination when they travel to Smoothie King Center to clash against the New Orleans Pelicans (3-0) in game four of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Trail Blazers opened as 7-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 216 points and it can be seen on TNT at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
In game three, Davis led the Pelicans to a 119-102 victory. He notched a double-double with 28 points and 11 rebounds. New Orleans covered as a 4-point favorite and the two teams combined for 221 points, which was just over the projected point total of 216. New Orleans had a much better turnover percentage (11.2 vs. 20.9). Portland, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 15.4).
This battle pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defensesNew Orleans currently ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage (0.542), while Portland is fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.505). ,
Games including the Trail Blazers tend to go under the total (56.5 percent). Portland comes into the contest with records of 49-36 straight up (SU) and 45-33-7 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Portland, games featuring the Pelicans have a tendency to go over the O/U total (57.6 percent). Moreover, New Orleans owns records of 51-34 SU and 48-36-1 ATS.
Nikola Mirotic has really been playing well as of late for New Orleans, averaging 21.2 points, 11.2 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 1.6 blocks over the last five games.
Portland Trail Blazers at New Orleans Pelicans ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Under
- The Pelicans rank eighth in steals per game (8.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 25th (7.0).
- New Orleans ranks third in fast break points per game (15.4) while Portland ranks last (8.4).
- The Trail Blazers average 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Pelicans rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.9).
- Portland ranks third in rebounds per game (45.5) while New Orleans ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (45.5).
- Portland ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while New Orleans ranks 25th (30.7).
- The Pelicans rank third in assists per game (26.7) while the Trail Blazers rank last (19.5).
- The Pelicans average 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks third in the league. The Trail Blazers rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- New Orleans ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (16.5) while Portland ranks 28th (14.3).
- New Orleans ranks first in points in the paint per game (52.4) while Portland ranks 23rd (43.2).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, New Orleans is 13-2 and Portland is 26-8.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 44-20 and the Pelicans are 47-22.
- New Orleans is 20-21-1 ATS at home, while Portland is 22-17-3 ATS on the road.
- The Trail Blazers have 24 unders and 18 overs in 42 road games.
- The Pelicans have 29 overs and 13 unders in 42 home games.
- The Pelicans are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, New Orleans has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Portland has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pelicans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 96.6 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average).