A seven-game road winning streak hangs in the balance for the Portland Trail Blazers (46-28) when they meet the Memphis Grizzlies (20-54) at FedExForum. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Portland Trail Blazers at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Grizzlies defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves 101-93, while the Trail Blazers beat the New Orleans Pelicans 107-103.
The Trail Blazers forced 16 turnovers and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (above their season average of 23.2). Meanwhile, Memphis effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Minnesota. The Grizzlies had a rate of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.496), while the Timberwolves posted a mark of 0.468 (below their season average of 0.526). Marc Gasol had a good game for Memphis, contributing 20 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Damian Lillard was a key piece for Portland with 41 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
Memphis might have a tough time putting up points as they face off against one of the leagues best defenses. Portland currently ranks eighth in defensive efficiency, while the Grizzlies rank 28th in offensive efficiency.
Of the Trail Blazers 73 games with betting action, 41 have finished under the total. Portland holds records of 46-28 straight up (SU) and 40-26-7 against the spread (ATS).
Grizzlies games also tend to finish under the total (55.4 percent). Additionally, Memphis owns records of 20-54 SU and 30-41-3 ATS.
Jusuf Nurkic has taken his game to another level as of late for Portland, averaging 15.8 points, 10.0 rebounds and 2.2 blocks over the last five games.
The Trail Blazers evened the season series at one with a 100-92 victory in their most recent game. Noah Vonleh recorded a double-double with 11 points and 18 rebounds. Portland won the rebounding battle. The Trail Blazers had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. five), defensive rebounds (45 vs. 30) and total rebounds (60 vs. 35). The two teams combined to put up 192 points, which was just under the projected point total of 197, and Portland covered as a 1.5-point favorite.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers average 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Grizzlies rank eighth in second chance points allowed per game (11.5).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.4) while Memphis ranks 29th (40.6).
- The Grizzlies rank 11th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (14.2).
- Memphis ranks 21st in steals per game (7.4) while Portland ranks 26th (6.9).
- Memphis is 26th in the NBA with 21.4 assists per game while Portland is last with 19.4 assists per game.
- The Trail Blazers rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the Grizzlies rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- The Grizzlies rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Trail Blazers rank sixth (42.1).
- Memphis ranks 11th in fast break points per game (13.0) while Portland ranks 29th (7.9).
- Portland is 23-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Memphis is 13-11.
- The Grizzlies are 15-22 when they reach the century mark, while the Trail Blazers are 41-15.
- Memphis is 15-22-1 ATS at home, while Portland is 20-12-3 ATS on the road.
- Of the Trail Blazers 35 road games, they have 21 unders and 14 overs.
- In 38 home games, the Grizzlies have 25 unders and 13 overs.
- In their last five games, Portland and Memphis have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Trail Blazers are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Grizzlies are 2-3.
- The Trail Blazers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.0 points per game (9.3 above their season average).