The Los Angeles Lakers (11-19) will be at home in Staples Center when they meet the Portland Trail Blazers (16-16). Tip-off is scheduled for 9:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
In the Trail Blazers last game, they lost to the Denver Nuggets, 102-85. Portland’s Shabazz Napier recorded 14 points and five assists in the contest. Denver had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.1). Portland, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.1 vs. 13.3).
The Lakers are hoping for a better outcome after their 113-106 loss to the Golden State Warriors in their last game. Kyle Kuzma led Los Angeles in scoring with 27 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Golden State did a fantastic job of making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.9 (above their season average of 23.1).
Los Angeles might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the leagues best defenses. Portland ranks fourth in defensive efficiency while the Lakers rank 28th in offensive efficiency.
Of Portland’s 31 games that accepted bets, 22 have finished under the projected point total, while 15 of Los Angeles 29 games have finished over the O/U total. The Trail Blazers hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (16-16 vs. 11-19), but the Lakers have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (15-14 vs. 14-14-3).
Kuzma has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 22.8 points and 8.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 223 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 212.5. The Trail Blazers won 113-110, but were unable to cover as 6-point favorites. Portland out-rebounded Los Angeles. The Trail Blazers had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. two), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 30) and total rebounds (41 vs. 32). In the victory, Damian Lillard led all scorers with 32 points.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Lakers rank third in blocks per game (5.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- Portland ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (24.9) while Los Angeles ranks 19th (29.9).
- Portland ranks eighth in rebounds per game (44.8) while Los Angeles ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (46.1).
- Portland ranks 12th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.8) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (19.2).
- Portland is 10-4-1 ATS on the road with 10 unders and 5 overs.
- Los Angeles is 8-6 ATS at home with 8 overs and 6 unders.
- Los Angeles is 5-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Portland is 12-4.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 12-7 and the Lakers are 11-12.
- The Lakers rank 10th in steals per game (8.3) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (6.6).
- Los Angeles ranks second in fast break points per game (16.0) while Portland ranks 29th (5.4).
- The Lakers rank first in points in the paint per game (53.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (40.8).
- The Trail Blazers rank ninth in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Lakers rank 27th (13.6).
- Los Angeles ranks eighth in assists per game (23.2) while Portland ranks last (18.1).
- Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 94.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.4 points per game (4.2 below their season average).