The Portland Trail Blazers (43-26) travel to Staples Center to go head-to-head with the Los Angeles Clippers (37-31). The Trail Blazers are a 1-point underdog and will try to lengthen their 12-game winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 220.5 points and it will air on NBATV at 10:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Clippers lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 121-113, while the Trail Blazers were victorious over the Detroit Pistons, 100-87.
Portland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 23.0) and a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 12.1). Detroit had marks of 16.7 and 11.9, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Los Angeles DeAndre Jordan had a good outing, putting up 11 points and 21 rebounds. Damian Lillard played a key role for Portland with 24 points, eight assists and seven rebounds.
This game should be a matchup of conflicting styles. Los Angeles prefers an up-and-down style of play (eighth in possessions per game), while Portland is more half-court-oriented (19th in possessions per game).
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Trail Blazers are involved, as 57.4 percent of their games have finished under the O/U total. Portland holds records of 43-26 straight up (SU) and 37-25-6 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Portland, just over half of Clippers games have finished over the O/U total. Further, Los Angeles owns records of 37-31 SU and 37-30-1 ATS.
Jordan has been exceptional recently for Los Angeles, averaging 19.4 rebounds, 15.2 points and 1.2 blocks over the last five games.
The Trail Blazers evened the season series at one with a 104-96 win in their most recent contest. Lillard was the games leading scorer with 28 points. Portland had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.5 vs. 18.0). Los Angeles, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (20-26; 76.9 percent). The two teams combined for 200 points, which was well under the projected point total of 221.5, and Portland covered as a 3-point favorite.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank 15th in steals per game (7.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 29th (6.8).
- Los Angeles ranks third in points in the paint per game (51.3) while Portland ranks 24th (42.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds per game (45.4) while the Clippers rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (43.9).
- Portland averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Los Angeles ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Portland averages 13.2 second chance points per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- The Trail Blazers rank ninth in fast break points allowed per game (11.0) while the Clippers rank last (15.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while the Clippers rank 20th (17.3).
- Portland ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (30.4).
- Portland ranks second in assists allowed per game (20.1) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd (24.2).
- Portland is 23-5 when they allow below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 11-2.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 38-13 and the Clippers are 35-20.
- Portland is 18-12-3 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 16-18 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 19 of the Clippers 34 home games, while 20 of the Trail Blazers 33 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Portland and Los Angeles have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (7.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 97.2 points per game (5.7 below their season average).
- The Clippers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 1.2 for the season.