The Dallas Mavericks (23-54) will be 8.5-point underdogs at home in American Airlines Center when they go head-to-head with the Portland Trail Blazers (48-29). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208 points and action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Portland Trail Blazers at Dallas Mavericks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Mavericks fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 98-87, while the Trail Blazers beat the Memphis Grizzlies, 113-98.
Portland dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.274 (above their season average of 0.195) and a turnover percentage of 12.0 (worse than their season average of 11.9). Memphis put up marks of 0.102 and 15.4, respectively, for those same stats. Dallas, meanwhile, held Cleveland to an effective field goal percentage of 0.476 (below their season average of 0.547). Dallas rallied around Harrison Barnes, who contributed 30 points and five assists. Damian Lillard led the way for Portland, finishing with 27 points and nine assists.
Dallas should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Dallas ranks third in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.2 percent), while Portland forces the first-fewest turnovers (12.6 percent).
Games involving the Trail Blazers have typically finished under the total (55.8 percent). Portland heads into the contest with records of 48-29 straight up (SU) and 43-27-7 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Portland, Mavericks games have a slight tendency to go under the total (54.5 percent). Moreover, Dallas owns records of 23-54 SU and 39-38 ATS.
Jusuf Nurkic has been playing at a high level as of late for Portland, averaging 16.4 points, 9.8 rebounds, 2.8 blocks and 1.8 steals over the last five games.
In their two contests this year, the Trail Blazers have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 200 points, which was under the projected point total of 208. Portland won 107-93, covering as a 1.5-point favorite. The Trail Blazers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Mavericks. Portland had a rate of 25.6, while Dallas posted a mark of 15.4. Ed Davis recorded a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Portland Trail Blazers at Dallas Mavericks ATS Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank 24th in steals per game (7.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (7.0).
- Portland ranks eighth in second chance points per game (13.4) while Dallas ranks last (10.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank 10th in fast break points allowed per game (11.1) while the Mavericks rank 28th (14.3).
- Dallas ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.5) while Portland ranks 19th (28.1).
- Portland ranks 22nd in points in the paint per game (43.0) while Dallas ranks 29th (38.5).
- The Trail Blazers rank seventh in blocks per game (5.2) while the Mavericks rank 28th (3.8).
- The Mavericks rank 18th in assists per game (22.6) while the Trail Blazers rank last (19.6).
- Dallas ranks 26th in points off turnovers per game (14.7) while Portland ranks 29th (14.2).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (45.4) while Dallas ranks 25th (41.1).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Portland is 25-5 and Dallas is 16-13.
- When reaching 100 points, the Mavericks are 17-26 and the Trail Blazers are 43-16.
- Dallas is 19-20 ATS at home, while Portland is 21-13-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 21 of the Mavericks’ 39 home games, while 22 of the Trail Blazers’ 37 road games have gone under.
- The Trail Blazers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Mavericks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Portland has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Dallas has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average).
- The Mavericks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 2.6 for the season.