An 11-game home winning streak is on the line for the Denver Nuggets (28-13), who will be 4-point favorites when they challenge the Portland Trail Blazers (26-17) at Pepsi Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217 points and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers at Denver Nuggets Betting Odds
The last time the Trail Blazers played, they had no trouble getting past the Charlotte Hornets, 127-96, easily covering as 6.5-point favorites. The Nuggets, meanwhile, were defeated by the Phoenix Suns, 102-93, and were not able to cover as 6-point underdogs. The Portland game went 1 point over the projected point total of 222, while the Denver game finished 31 points under the projected point total of 226.
The Trail Blazers had 10 steals and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.640 (above their season average of 0.518). Denver, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.1 vs. 27.5). Denver was led by Nikola Jokic, who had 23 points and 10 rebounds. Jusuf Nurkic was a key piece for Portland with 11 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists.
In their first matchup this year, Paul Millsap led the Nuggets to a 113-112 win. He notched a double-double with 22 points and 10 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 225 points, which was over the projected point total of 214, and Denver covered as a 2-point underdog. The Nuggets’ 10.1 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Trail Blazers, who had a mark of 12.9.
Of the Trail Blazers’ 43 games, 24 have gone under the total. Portland comes into the contest with records of 26-17 straight up (SU) and 22-21 against the spread (ATS).
Nuggets games also have a tendency to finish under the total (55.0 percent). Additionally, Denver owns records of 28-13 SU and 23-17 ATS.
Jokic has been exceptional recently for Denver, averaging 27 points,12.6 rebounds,7.2 assists,1.4 steals over the last five games.
Points at the line could be scarce for Denver in this showdown. The Nuggets rank 23rd in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.182, while Portland ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.179).
Portland Trail Blazers at Denver Nuggets Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Nuggets rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Denver ranks second in assists per game (27.3) while Portland ranks 25th (22.0).
- The Nuggets rank first in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 12th (44.1).
- Denver ranks 17th in fast-break points per game (12.0) while Portland ranks 24th in fast-break points allowed per game (14.7).
- Denver ranks 23rd in points off turnovers per game (15.2) while Portland ranks 29th (14.1).
- The Nuggets average 16.0 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the league. The Trail Blazers rank 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- The Nuggets rank 10th in steals per game (8.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 16th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Denver ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (52.0) while Portland ranks 19th (47.0).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Portland is 8-1 and Denver is 14-1.
- The Nuggets are 27-8 when they score above 100 points, while the Trail Blazers are 25-12.
- Portland is 7-11 ATS on the road, while Denver is 14-6 ATS at home.
- In 18 road games, the Trail Blazers have 9 overs and 9 unders.
- The Nuggets have 11 unders and 9 overs in 20 home games.
- The Nuggets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Denver has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Portland has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 116.2 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.2 points per game (5.5 below their season average).