The Portland Trail Blazers (10-8), the NBA’s top shooting defense, will clash against the Brooklyn Nets (6-11) at Barclays Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 210.5 points with Portland opening as a 3.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Brooklyn Nets Odds Preview
The Trail Blazers were blown out by the Philadelphia 76ers in their last matchup, 101-81. Portland’s Damian Lillard had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 11-for-27 shooting. Philadelphia held the Trail Blazers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.376 (below their season average of 0.494). Portland, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.157 vs. 0.133).
The last time the Nets played, they were blown out by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 119-109. With 18 points and five rebounds, Brooklyn’s Joe Harris put together a good game. Cleveland had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 14.0). Brooklyn, meanwhile, held the Cavaliers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.5 (below their season average of 22.3).
Brooklyn might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Portland currently ranks second in defensive efficiency while the Nets rank 20th in offensive efficiency. ,
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Portland have finished under 77.8 percent of the time, while Brooklyn games have finished over 64.7 percent of the time. The Trail Blazers hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (10-8 vs. 6-11), but the Nets have the better against the spread (ATS) record (10-7 vs. 6-9-3).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 198 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 219. The Nets won 101-97, covering as 9-point underdogs. Brooklyn’s 0.121 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Portland, who had a rate of 0.095. Despite the loss, Lillard was a top performer in the game with 19 points, nine rebounds and six assists.
Portland Trail Blazers at Brooklyn Nets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The Trail Blazers average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Nets rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Brooklyn ranks 16th in assists per game (22.2) while Portland ranks 28th (17.9).
- Brooklyn ranks 11th in points in the paint per game (44.7) while Portland ranks 25th (39.1).
- Portland is 3-3-1 ATS on the road with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Brooklyn is 5-3 ATS at home with 6 overs and 2 unders.
- Brooklyn is 2-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Portland is 8-3.
- The Trail Blazers are 8-3 when they score over 100 points, while the Nets are 5-10.
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (10.5) while the Nets rank 19th (13.4).
- Portland ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (40.9) while Brooklyn ranks 28th (48.4).
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (34.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (24.2).
- The Nets average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Trail Blazers rank 16th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in fast break points per game (12.4) while Portland ranks 28th (4.6).
- Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 1-2-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Nets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 92.8 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 92.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average).