The Portland State Vikings (20-13) square off against the San Diego Toreros (19-13) in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Portland State Vikings at San Diego Toreros Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Toreros defeated the Hartford Hawks, 88-72, while the Vikings fell to the Eastern Washington Eagles, 78-72.
San Diego dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 23.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.691 (above their season average of 0.525). Hartford was 22.6 and 0.545, respectively, for those same stats. Portland State, meanwhile, held Eastern Washington to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below the 30.2 mark opponents have averaged against Portland State this season). Isaiah Wright had a good game for San Diego, recording 14 points and 11 assists. Meanwhile, Portland State received a boost from Deante Strickland, who contributed 12 points and six rebounds.
The physical San Diego offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this meeting. The Toreros currently rank 35th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.283, while Portland State ranks 318th in FTA rate allowed (0.292). Moreover, the 59th-ranked offense of the Vikings (offensive efficiency of 111.8) will face off against the 49th-ranked defense of the Toreros (defensive efficiency of 98.9).
Olin Carter III has really been playing well as of late for San Diego, averaging 17.2 points over the last five games.
Portland State Vikings vs. San Diego Toreros Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Portland State, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Over
- San Diego ranks third in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Portland State ranks 254th (15.2).
- The Toreros average 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. The Vikings rank 203rd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Portland State ranks 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while San Diego ranks 102nd (23.5).
- The Vikings rank 42nd in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Toreros rank 263rd (32.8).
- Portland State ranks second in steals per game (9.9) while San Diego ranks 213th (5.3).
- The Vikings average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Toreros have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (5.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average).