The Portland State Vikings (9-13, 4-7 BigSky) will be at The Hornets Nest to clash against the Sacramento State Hornets (9-11, 3-8 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action starts at 10:35 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Portland State Vikings vs. Sacramento State Hornets ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Hornets lost to the Northern Colorado Bears, 65-59, while the Vikings got blown out by the Northern Colorado Bears, 80-62.
Portland State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 25.0) while Sacramento State had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 16.6). Marcus Graves put together a good outing for Sacramento State with 14 points and six rebounds. Portland State rallied around Holland Woods, who finished with 14 points and five assists.
The Hornets edged out the Vikings in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the most recent matchup, Portland State won 71-67. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Portland State’s largest strengths. They made 31 trips to the line, while Sacramento State went 19 times. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Sacramento State offense. Sacramento State ranks 199th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the disruptive defense of Portland State forces the 42nd-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.2 percent).
Portland State Vikings at Sacramento State Hornets Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Over
- Portland State ranks 105th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while Sacramento State ranks 300th (16.2).
- The Vikings average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 78th in the country. The Hornets rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Sacramento State ranks 137th in assists per game (13.6) while Portland State ranks 160th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Vikings rank 11th in rebounds per game (41.0) while the Hornets rank 174th (35.0).
- Portland State ranks 16th in steals per game (8.7) while Sacramento State ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (6.6 below their season average).
- The Hornets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 2.3 for the season.