The No. 1 Duke Blue Devils (5-0) and the Portland State Vikings (3-0) battle in the Phil Knight Invitational – Motion at Memorial Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Portland State Vikings vs. Duke Blue Devils Betting Preview
In the Vikings last game, they were victorious over the Utah State Aggies, 83-79. Bryce Canda led Portland State in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. The Vikings had a much better free throw rate (0.407 vs. 0.268) and had a much better turnover percentage (16.9 vs. 23.7).
The Blue Devils come in on a high note after dismantling the Furman Paladins in their last matchup, 92-63. With 24 points on 9-for-15 shooting, Marvin Bagley III was the games high scorer. Duke dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.141 (below their season average of 0.204) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 45.1). Furman was 0.063 and 33.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Duke could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the nations worst defenses. Since last season, the Blue Devils rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while Portland State ranks 252nd in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Vikings rank 32nd in turnover percentage (16.4 percent), while the Blue Devils rank 253rd in opponents turnover percentage (17.7 percent).
Portland State Vikings vs. Duke Blue Devils ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Duke, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Devils rank 30th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Vikings rank 216th (2.8).
- Portland State ranks fifth in steals per game (9.8) while Duke ranks 135th (6.5).
- Duke ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while Portland State ranks 260th (23.5).
- The Blue Devils rank 78th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while the Vikings rank 285th (38.0).
- Duke ranks 94th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while Portland State ranks 300th (16.2).