The Loyola Marymount Lions (4-3) will be at home in Albert Gersten Pavilion when they challenge the Portland State Vikings (4-2). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 156 points with neither team favored. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Portland State Vikings at Loyola Marymount Lions Odds Preview
The Vikings beat the Stanford Cardinal in their last outing, 87-78. Deontae North was Portland State’s high scorer with 22 points on 6-for-19 shooting. The Vikings forced 28 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.386 (above their season average of 0.214).
In the Lions last game, they were defeated by the Oregon State Beavers, 78-74. With 12 points and 10 rebounds, Mattias Markusson played well for Loyola Marymount. Oregon State had a free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.316). Loyola Marymount, on the other hand, held the Beavers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (below their season average of 33.8).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Loyola Marymount. Dating back to last season, Loyola Marymount ranks 216th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.4 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Portland State has forced the 20th-most turnovers in the nation (22.7 percent).
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the projected point total. The Vikings hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-2 SU and 6-0 ATS, while the Lions are 4-3 SU and 3-1 ATS.
The Lions won the only game against the Vikings last season, 78-62. Loyola Marymount had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.657 vs. 0.418). Portland State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 20.2).
Portland State Vikings vs. Loyola Marymount Lions Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Portland State, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vikings average 9.8 steals per game, which ranks fifth in the nation. The Lions rank 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Portland State ranks 193rd in blocks per game (2.9) while Loyola Marymount ranks 200th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Portland State averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. Loyola Marymount ranks 254th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Lions rank 73rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while the Vikings rank 241st (22.9).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 122nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Portland State ranks 284th (38.3).