A seven-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Sacramento State Hornets (10-6, 3-4 BigSky) when they take on the Portland State Vikings (10-10, 4-4 BigSky) at The Hornets Nest. The game gets underway at 10:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Portland State Vikings at Sacramento State Hornets ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Hornets were blown out by the Southern Utah Thunderbirds, 74-49, while the Vikings were victorious over the Weber State Wildcats, 92-76.
Portland State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 48.8 (above their season average of 38.4) and a turnover percentage of 14.4 (worse than their season average of 14.0). For those same stats, Weber State recorded marks of 20.6 and 18.3, respectively. Sacramento State, on the other hand, held Southern Utah to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 29.6). Osi Nwachukwu was a key piece for Sacramento State with 13 points and six rebounds. Sal Nuhu had a solid performance for Portland State, finishing with 14 points and 15 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Vikings won 65-57. Portland State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 25.0). Sacramento State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 16.7). This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
Sacramento State appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Hornets rank fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.421), while Portland State is 235th in effective field goal percentage (0.487). Moreover, the Vikings rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (38.9 percent), while the Hornets rank 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Portland State Vikings at Sacramento State Hornets ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Under
- Sacramento State ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while Portland State ranks 239th (16.2).
- The Vikings rank 220th in three pointers attempted per game (19.6) while the Hornets rank 287th (14.1).
- Sacramento State averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 47th in the country. Portland State ranks 109th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Hornets rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Vikings rank 148th (35.4).
- Portland State ranks 40th in steals per game (8.2) while Sacramento State ranks 147th (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.6 points per game (5.7 above their season average).
- The Vikings’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 3.4 for the season.