The Sacramento State Hornets (3-8) and the Portland Pilots (5-7) square off at Golden 1 Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 136.5 points with Sacramento State set as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:35 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Portland Pilots vs. Sacramento State Hornets Odds Preview
In the Pilots last game, they were victorious over the Hartford Hawks, 78-67. Franklin Porter was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Portland launched 25 three pointers, making 10 of them (40.0 percent), while Hartford was 6-28 (21.4 percent).
The Hornets will look to maintain momentum after beating the CSUN Matadors in their last game, 66-61. Sacramento State was lifted by Joshua Patton, who was the games high scorer with 16 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Sacramento State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.233 (above their season average of 0.205) and a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 20.1). CSUN was 0.068 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Sacramento State in this battle. The Hornets currently rank 278th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.208, while Portland ranks 32nd in FTA rate allowed (0.175).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Portland games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while games featuring Sacramento State have gone under 77.8 percent of the time. The Pilots hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (5-7 vs. 3-8), but the Hornets have been superior against the spread (ATS) (5-3-1 vs. 3-4).
Portland Pilots vs. Sacramento State Hornets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Under
- The Pilots average 34.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 175th in the nation. The Hornets rank 189th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Sacramento State ranks 87th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Portland ranks 261st (28.2).
- The Pilots rank 49th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Hornets rank 124th (3.2).
- Sacramento State averages 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 157th in the nation. Portland ranks 197th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- Sacramento State is 2-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Hornets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 7.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pilots have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (8.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average).