The Seattle Redhawks (7-5) will try to lengthen a six-game home winning streak when they clash against the Portland Pilots (4-6) at KeyArena. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Portland Pilots vs. Seattle Redhawks Odds Preview
The last time the Pilots played, they beat the San Jose State Spartans, 64-55. Josh McSwiggan was Portland’s leading scorer with 14 points on 6-for-10 shooting. The Pilots made 18 of their 25 free throws (72.0 percent) and held the Spartans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.408 (below their season average of 0.478).
The Redhawks will look to maintain momentum after topping the St. Martin’s Saints in their last outing, 88-72. Seattle rallied around Jordan Hill, who was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Seattle dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.412 (above their season average of 0.263) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (below their season average of 32.0). For those same stats, St. Martin’s was 0.182 and 27.3, respectively.
Seattle could have difficulty getting to the foul line in this battle. The Redhawks currently rank 152nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.274, while Portland ranks 25th in FTA rate allowed (0.175).
Portland Pilots vs. Seattle Redhawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Over
- The Redhawks rank 164th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while the Pilots rank 250th (39.5).
- Portland averages 5.5 steals per game, which ranks 165th in the NCAA. Seattle ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Seattle averages 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 46th in the nation. Portland ranks 259th in three pointers allowed per game (28.2).
- The Redhawks average 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. The Pilots rank 216th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- Portland ranks 47th in blocks per game (4.6) while Seattle ranks 176th (3.0).
- The Redhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pilots have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (3.1 below their season average).