The Pittsburgh Penguins, led by Evgeni Malkin and Bryan Rust, are prepared to take the ice against Ryan Getzlaf, Adam Henrique, and the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center in an East-West tilt. AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh will air the matchup, which gets going at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Anaheim Ducks Odds
Pittsburgh comes into the game as the obvious favorite with a -170 moneyline. The line for the Ducks is standing at +150 and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at an even 6 goals (-105 over, -115 under).
Pittsburgh is 37-25 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 4.7 units this year. 31 of its outings have gone under the total, while 29 have gone over and just two have pushed. As the away team this season, the Pens are 15-15 SU.
Pittsburgh has converted on 20.8 percent of its power play chances this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 14th overall, and the team’s successfully killed off 81.4 percent of all penalties..
With a .927 save percentage and 27.4 saves per game, Tristan Jarry (20-11-1) has been the top option in goal for Pittsburgh this season. If head coach Mike Sullivan chooses to rest him, however, Pittsburgh might go with Matt Murray (18-15-5 record, .901 save percentage, 2.84 goals against average).
On the other side of the ice, Anaheim is 25-38 straight up (SU) and has lost 12.2 units for moneyline bettors this year. 34 of its contests have gone over the total, while 28 have gone under and just one has pushed. It’s 13-17 SU at home this season.
The Ducks have converted on just 14.7 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s ranked 31st in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 25th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 77.5 percent of all penalties.
John Gibson (27.6 saves per game) has been the top choice in the crease for the Ducks. Gibson has 18 wins, 29 losses, and five overtime losses and has maintained a subpar .903 save percentage and 3.01 goals against average this year.
Pittsburgh Penguins at Anaheim Ducks Free Picks
NHL Pick: SU Winner – Penguins, O/U – Over
- The Ducks are 5-1 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Penguins are 3-0 in shootouts.
- For both of these clubs, the over has hit in three of their past five matchups.
- Pittsburgh’s attempted 32.1 shots per contest overall this season (ranked 11th in the NHL), and 31.5 in its last 10 outings.
- Four of Anaheim’s last ten games have been decided by two or more goals. The club is 1-3 overall in those games.
- This game features two of the more physical teams in the league. Pittsburgh skaters have accounted for the second-most hits in the league (28.4 per game) while the Ducks have tallied the 12th-most (22.1).