The Pittsburgh Panthers (8-14, 0-9 ACC), who are currently on a nine-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they travel to Watsco Center to clash against the Miami Hurricanes (15-5, 4-4 ACC). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 131 points with Miami opening as a 16.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Miami Hurricanes ATS Preview
The Panthers fell to the Syracuse Orange in their last game, 60-55. Jared Wilson-Frame had a good performance for Pittsburgh, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-23 shooting. Syracuse did an excellent job of making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent). Pittsburgh, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 20.2).
In the Hurricanes last matchup, they were beaten by the Florida State Seminoles, 103-94. Lonnie Walker IV was the games high scorer with 23 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Florida State did an excellent job of making free throws (28-39; 71.8 percent). Miami, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 15.3).
Miami could dominate on defense as they clash against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. The Hurricanes currently rank 15th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.455), while Pittsburgh is 256th in effective field goal percentage (0.493).
Of Pittsburgh’s 17 games with betting action, 15 have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Miami’s 15 games have finished over the projected point total. The Hurricanes hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (15-5 vs. 8-14), but the Panthers have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (10-7 vs. 7-7-1).
Walker IV has been on fire over the last five games for Miami, averaging 15.4 points and 2.0 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 120 points, which was under the projected point total of 133. The Hurricanes won 67-53, covering as 12.5-point favorites. The Hurricanes played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.1 and a turnover percentage of 20.3. The Panthers recorded marks of 15.4 and 26.5, respectively, for those same stats. Anthony Lawrence II was a top performer in the victory, with 12 points and six rebounds.
Pittsburgh Panthers at Miami Hurricanes Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Under
- The Hurricanes average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the nation. The Panthers rank 177th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- On the road, Pittsburgh is 5-3 ATS with 7 unders and 1 over.
- Miami is 1-2 ATS at home with 3 overs and 0 unders.
- Miami ranks 45th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Pittsburgh ranks 178th (14.3).
- The Hurricanes average 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. The Panthers rank 161st in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- Miami ranks 127th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Pittsburgh ranks 235th (33.2).
- Miami is 1-4 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Pittsburgh is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Hurricanes have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Miami has defeated opponents by an average of 9.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 55.2 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average).