The Duquesne Dukes (2-2) and the Pittsburgh Panthers (3-4) battle at PPG Paints Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Duquesne Dukes Free Preview
The Panthers were victorious over the High Point Panthers in their last matchup, 71-63. With 15 points, eight rebounds and five assists, Ryan Luther put together a good game for Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh knocked down 19 of their 22 free throws (86.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.650 (above their season average of 0.508).
In the Dukes last matchup, they were beaten by the Cornell Big Red, 78-71. Rene Castro was the games high scorer with 26 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Cornell had an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.485). Duquesne, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 15.4).
The Dukes won the sole contest against the Panthers last season, 64-55. The Dukes 10.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Panthers, who had a rate of 15.1.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Duquesne Dukes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Pittsburgh, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes average 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 153rd in the nation. The Panthers rank 212th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Duquesne ranks 248th in steals per game (5.2) while Pittsburgh ranks 294th (4.0).
- Pittsburgh averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 119th in the NCAA. Duquesne ranks 300th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Panthers rank 135th in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while the Dukes rank 253rd (4.6).
- Duquesne ranks 128th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Pittsburgh ranks 236th (34.7).