The Phoenix Suns (18-26), 4-point underdogs, will travel to the AT&T Center to square off against the San Antonio Spurs (20-23). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 229 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Arizona at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Phoenix Suns at San Antonio Spurs ATS Odds
In the Spurs’ last matchup, they beat the New Orleans Pelicans, 121-117, as 3.5-point underdogs. The Suns, meanwhile, were thoroughly outplayed by the Indiana Pacers, 112-87, and failed to cover as 1.5-point underdogs. The San Antonio game went 2.5 points over the projected point total of 235.5, while the Phoenix game went 22.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5.
San Antonio dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 11.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 20.8). For those same stats, New Orleans was 12.5 and 18.6, respectively. Phoenix, on the other hand, held Indiana to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 21.0). LaMarcus Aldridge played a pivotal role for San Antonio with 32 points and 14 rebounds. Phoenix was led by Kelly Oubre Jr., who contributed 17 points and nine rebounds.
The Spurs have won both matchups against the Suns this year. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 238 points, which was over the projected point total of 230. San Antonio won 120-118, covering as a 5-point underdog. The Spurs’ 7.6 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Suns, who had a rate of 13.1. Derrick White had a stellar game, with 25 points and seven assists.
A little over half of the Suns’ games have finished over the projected point total. Phoenix holds records of 18-26 straight up (SU) and 22-21-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total low when the Spurs are involved, as 26 of their 44 games have finished over the projected point total. Additionally, San Antonio is 20-23 SU and 17-24-2 ATS.
It might be a tough game for San Antonio on the offensive glass. The Spurs currently rank 27th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.9 percent), while Phoenix ranks fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.3 percent).
Suns vs. Spurs ATS Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Over
- The Suns are 25th in the league with 12.2 second chance points per game while the Spurs are 29th with 11.4 second chance points per game.
- Phoenix ranks second in assists per game (27.3) while San Antonio ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (25.4).
- The Suns rank third in fast break points allowed per game (11.8) while the Spurs rank 20th (14.1).
- Phoenix ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (48.2) while San Antonio ranks 27th (44.0).
- Phoenix ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (32.5) while San Antonio ranks 29th (28.2).
- The Suns rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Spurs rank 27th (15.1).
- The Suns rank 15th in steals per game (7.7) while the Spurs rank 25th (6.8).
- San Antonio ranks seventh in rebounds per game (46.1) while Phoenix ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (44.3).
- San Antonio ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.6) while Phoenix ranks 28th (3.8).
- Phoenix is 5-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while San Antonio is 1-0.
- The Spurs are 20-19 when they score above 100 points, while the Suns are 17-21.
- Phoenix is 12-7 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 7-15 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 10 of the Suns’ 19 road games, while 13 of the Spurs’ 22 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Phoenix and San Antonio have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Spurs are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 2-3.
- The Spurs have outscored opponents by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, San Antonio has lost by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 111.8 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).