The Phoenix Suns (19-54) and the Orlando Magic (21-51) battle at Amway Center. The Suns will attempt to snap their 10-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 24, 2018, and can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Phoenix Suns vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Both teams were blown out in their last game. The Magic fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, 118-98, while the Suns were defeated by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 120-95.
Phoenix had a better effective field goal percentage (0.477 vs. 0.537) while Orlando had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 13.8). Orlando was led by Aaron Gordon, who contributed 10 points and 11 rebounds. Marquese Chriss played well for Phoenix, contributing 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Of the Suns 72 games with betting action, 35 have finished over the O/U total. Phoenix comes into the contest with records of 19-54 straight up (SU) and 31-39-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Magic’s 72 games, 41 have finished under the O/U total. Further, Orlando is 21-51 SU and 33-37-2 ATS.
Josh Jackson has been exceptional as of late for Phoenix, averaging 18.6 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
In their first matchup this year, Gordon led the Magic to a 128-112 win. He scored a game-high 22 points. The two teams combined to put up 240 points, which was over the projected point total of 227.5, and Orlando covered as a 3.5-point favorite. Orlando had a much better free throw rate (0.354 vs. 0.202). Phoenix, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (24.5 vs. 20.0).
Phoenix Suns at Orlando Magic Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5) while the Suns rank 29th (18.9).
- Phoenix averages 45.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.9).
- The Magic rank 12th in fast break points per game (12.8) while the Suns rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (15.0).
- Orlando ranks 14th in blocks per game (4.8) while Phoenix ranks 29th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- Orlando averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the league. Phoenix ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Suns rank eighth in second chance points per game (13.3) while the Magic rank 26th (10.6).
- The Suns average 44.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Magic rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (45.5).
- Orlando ranks 11th in assists per game (23.3) while Phoenix ranks 29th (21.1).
- Phoenix is 6-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Orlando is 9-7.
- The Magic are 21-28 when they score above 100 points, while the Suns are 15-32.
- Phoenix is 19-16-1 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 14-20-1 ATS at home.
- The Suns have 18 unders, 17 overs and 1 push in 36 road games.
- The Magic have 21 unders and 14 overs in 35 home games.
- The Magic are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Phoenix has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 97.4 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 120.8 points per game (6.8 above their season average).