The Indiana Pacers (25-22) will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse when they meet the Phoenix Suns (17-30). Indiana opened as a 7.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Phoenix Suns vs. Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Suns lost to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last outing, 109-105. Phoenix’s T.J. Warren had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 23 points on 11-for-20 shooting. Milwaukee did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (28-37; 75.7 percent). Phoenix, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 vs. 24.2).
In the Pacers last game, they topped the San Antonio Spurs, 94-86. Thaddeus Young played a pivotal role for Indiana with 14 points and seven rebounds. The Pacers knocked down 16 of their 17 free throws (94.1 percent), while the Spurs had a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above their season average of 12.6).
Indiana could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Indiana ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.1 percent), while Phoenix forces the second-fewest turnovers (12.8 percent).
Of Phoenix’s 47 games, 24 have finished under the O/U total, while 28 of Indiana’s 47 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pacers have a substantial advantage. They are 25-22 SU and 26-21 ATS, while the Suns are 17-30 SU and 23-22-2 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 217 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 219.5. The Pacers won 120-97, covering as 3.5-point favorites. Indiana had a much better turnover percentage (6.0 vs. 11.2). Phoenix, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-24; 75.0 percent). Alex Len played a big role with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Phoenix Suns vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Under
- The Suns rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (27.9) while the Pacers rank 25th (30.8).
- Phoenix averages 44.5 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Indiana ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (42.9).
- Indiana ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (44.1) while Phoenix ranks 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.4).
- Phoenix is 14-8-1 ATS on the road with 12 overs and 11 unders.
- Indiana is 13-11 ATS at home with 15 unders, 8 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Phoenix is 5-2 and Indiana is 15-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Suns are 13-18 and the Pacers are 21-9.
- The Suns rank eighth in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Pacers rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (14.7) while Phoenix ranks 29th in fast break points allowed per game (14.3).
- The Pacers rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Suns rank 29th (8.9).
- The Suns average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 21st in the NBA. The Pacers rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while Phoenix ranks 25th (18.9).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Phoenix is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 103.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).