Pacific Division foes will clash when the Sacramento Kings (8-18) meet the Phoenix Suns (9-19) at Golden 1 Center. Sacramento opened as a 4-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Phoenix Suns vs. Sacramento Kings Betting Preview
In the Suns last contest, they lost a tough one against the San Antonio Spurs, 104-101. With 25 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Mike James was the top scorer from either team. San Antonio had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 24.5). Phoenix, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (24-30; 80.0 percent).
The Kings are trying to rebound after their 102-87 loss to the Toronto Raptors in their last outing. Zach Randolph was Sacramento’s high scorer with 19 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Toronto forced the Kings into a turnover percentage of 21.0 (above their season average of 13.2). Sacramento, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.494).
It will be a battle of contrasting paces as the fast-breaking Suns will look to push the more half-court-oriented Kings. The Suns currently rank second in possessions per game while the Kings are 27th.
Of Phoenix’s 28 games, 16 have finished over the O/U total, while 13 of Sacramento’s 26 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have poor straight up (SU) records (9-19 for Phoenix; 8-18 for Sacramento), but the Suns hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). Phoenix is 13-14-1 ATS, while the Kings are 11-12-3.
Randolph has been exceptional over the last five games for Sacramento, averaging 22.0 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 232 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 206.5. The Suns won 117-115, covering as 2-point underdogs. Phoenix did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (23-27; 85.2 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (7.5 vs. 19.1). Devin Booker had a standout performance in the victory, producing 22 points and five assists.
Phoenix Suns vs. Sacramento Kings Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kings, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Kings rank ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.3) while the Suns rank 26th (19.3).
- Phoenix ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (28.1) while Sacramento ranks 26th (31.5).
- Phoenix ranks ninth in fast break points per game (12.8) while Sacramento ranks 25th (8.8).
- Phoenix ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (23.2) while Sacramento ranks 25th (24.2).
- Sacramento is 6-5 ATS at home, while Phoenix is 8-4-1 ATS on the road.
- In 13 road games, the Suns have 9 overs and 4 unders.
- The Kings have 6 unders and 5 overs in 11 home games.
- Phoenix is 2-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Sacramento is 3-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Kings are 5-4 and the Suns are 8-12.
- The Kings rank 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.8) while the Suns rank 26th (48.8).
- Phoenix ranks fifth in rebounds per game (45.8) while Sacramento ranks 27th (39.7).
- The Kings rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Suns rank 22nd (5.3).
- The Kings rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.1) while the Suns rank 27th (13.8).
- Sacramento averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Sacramento is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Phoenix is 4-1 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 9.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average).