The Milwaukee Bucks (23-22) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they square off with the Phoenix Suns (17-29). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 22, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Phoenix Suns at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
The Suns beat the Denver Nuggets in their last outing, 108-100. Devin Booker led Phoenix in scoring with 30 points on 11-for-23 shooting. The Suns forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.496).
In the Bucks last matchup, they were topped by the Philadelphia 76ers, 116-94. With 23 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists, Khris Middleton led the way for Milwaukee with his zeroth triple-double this year. Philadelphia had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.9 vs. 19.0). Milwaukee, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent).
The physical Milwaukee offense could be living from the charity stripe in this matchup. The Bucks rank fifth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.224, while Phoenix ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.212). It will also be a matchup of opposite paces as the up-tempo Suns rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bucks rank 26th.
Of Phoenix’s 46 games, 23 have finished under the projected point total, while 26 of Milwaukee’s 45 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (23-22 vs. 17-29), but the Suns have been better against the spread (ATS) (22-22-2 vs. 19-21-5).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 220 points, just over the projected point total of 218.5. The Bucks won 113-107, covering as 1.5-point favorites. The Bucks 11.2 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Suns, who had a mark of 21.2. Middleton was the games top overall scorer with 40 points.
Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Suns rank eighth in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Bucks rank 29th (9.8).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.2) while Phoenix ranks 26th (18.8).
- Phoenix ranks seventh in rebounds per game (44.7) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (38.6).
- Milwaukee is 8-12-3 ATS at home, while Phoenix is 13-8-1 ATS on the road.
- The Suns have 12 overs and 10 unders in 22 road games.
- The Bucks have 13 overs, 9 unders and 1 push in 23 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Milwaukee is 9-3 and Phoenix is 5-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Suns are 13-17 and the Bucks are 19-12.
- The Bucks rank ninth in points in the paint per game (46.8) while the Suns rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.3).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.0) while Phoenix ranks 29th (14.2).
- The Bucks rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Suns rank 27th (8.7).
- The Suns rank 19th in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while the Bucks rank 25th (24.6).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Phoenix ranks 24th (5.3).
- Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Phoenix is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bucks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (2.2 below their season average).