The Utah Jazz (43-30) will be 15-point favorites at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they take on the Phoenix Suns (17-57). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217.5 points and action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, March 25, 2019.
Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Jazz (11-point favorites) defeated the Chicago Bulls, 114-83, while the Suns (11-point underdogs) fell to the Sacramento Kings, 112-103. The Utah game went 16.5 points under the projected point total of 213.5, while the Phoenix game finished 15 points under the projected point total of 230.
Utah played a nearly flawless contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.532) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.1 (above their season average of 22.9). Chicago was 0.370 and 19.3, respectively, for those same stats. Phoenix, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent). Utah was led by Rudy Gobert, who had 21 points and 14 rebounds. Devin Booker, meanwhile had a good game for Phoenix, recording 32 points and 10 assists.
The Jazz have won both matchups against the Suns this season. The two teams combined to score 211 points in their most recent game, which was under the projected point total of 220.5. Utah won 114-97, covering as an 8.5-point favorite. Utah won the rebounding battle. The Jazz had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. five), defensive rebounds (40 vs. 30) and total rebounds (52 vs. 35). Gobert recorded a double-double with 18 points and 20 rebounds.
Oddsmakers are known to place the total high when the Suns are involved, as 58.1 percent of their contests have ended under the O/U total. Phoenix comes into the contest with records of 17-57 straight up (SU) and 34-40 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Phoenix, a little over half of Jazz games have finished under the O/U total. Further, Utah is 43-30 SU and 39-32-2 ATS.
Utah could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they clash against one of the worst offenses in the league. The Jazz rank second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508), while Phoenix is 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.511). Also, the Suns rank 28th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.7 percent), while the Jazz rank first in defensive rebounding percentage (80.5 percent).
Phoenix Suns vs. Utah Jazz Betting Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Suns rank 17th (5.0).
- Utah ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while Phoenix ranks 29th (15.2).
- The Jazz rank second in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while the Suns rank 26th (46.9).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (21.5) while Phoenix ranks 25th (25.9).
- Phoenix averages 18.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Utah ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.2).
- The Suns rank second in steals per game (9.0) while the Jazz rank 28th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Jazz rank 10th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.2) while the Suns rank last (52.6).
- Utah leads the league with 27.9 three pointers allowed per game while Phoenix is fifth with 29.9 three pointers allowed per game.
- Utah ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (11.4) while Phoenix ranks 28th (16.2).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Phoenix is 5-1 and Utah is 19-4.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Suns are 16-37 and the Jazz are 41-18.
- Utah is 18-16-1 ATS at home, while Phoenix is 18-20 ATS on the road.
- The Suns have 20 unders and 18 overs in 38 road games.
- The Jazz have 19 unders and 16 overs in 35 home games.
- The Jazz are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Utah has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Phoenix has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Jazz have scored an average of 119.0 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (4.4 below their season average).
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 9.1 for the season.