The Washington Wizards (34-25) look to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Philadelphia when they welcome the 76ers (32-25) to Capital One Arena. Washington is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 211.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 25, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Philadelphia 76ers at Washington Wizards Betting Preview
The last time the 76ers played, they defeated the Orlando Magic, 116-105. Joel Embiid was the games high scorer with 28 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Philadelphia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 25.6) and a free throw rate of 0.284 (above their season average of 0.206). Orlando put up marks of 14.3 and 0.190, respectively, for those same stats.
The Wizards are hoping for a better outcome after their 122-105 loss to the Charlotte Hornets in their last matchup. Bradley Beal was the games leading scorer with 33 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Charlotte had a turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 11.2). Washington, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (16-17; 94.1 percent).
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Philadelphia in this meeting. The 76ers currently rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), while Washington ranks 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Of Philadelphia’s 56 games with betting action, 29 have finished over the projected point total, while 30 of Washington’s 59 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (32-25 for Philadelphia; 34-25 for Washington), but the 76ers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 31-25 ATS, while the Wizards are 28-31.
Otto Porter Jr. has really been playing well over the last five games for Washington, averaging 19.0 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the 76ers winning two. In the most recent matchup, Embiid put up 27 points and 13 rebounds and the 76ers defeated the Wizards 115-102, covering as 6-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 217 points, which was just 5 points above the projected point total of 212 points. Philadelphia made 14 of their 28 three pointers (50.0 percent), while Washington was 7-27 (25.9 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Washington Wizards Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Wizards rank 11th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while the 76ers rank 28th (8.8).
- Washington averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 20th in the league. Philadelphia ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Philadelphia ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Washington ranks 15th (44.8).
- Philadelphia is 13-16 ATS on the road, while Washington is 10-18 ATS at home.
- The 76ers have 17 overs and 12 unders in 29 road games.
- The Wizards have 15 overs, 11 unders and 2 pushes in 28 home games.
- Philadelphia is 13-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Washington is 16-2.
- The Wizards are 31-14 when they score above 100 points, while the 76ers are 29-16.
- The 76ers average 25.7 assists per game, which ranks third in the league. The Wizards rank ninth in assists allowed per game (21.7).
- Washington averages 17.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.3).
- The 76ers rank sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Wizards rank 28th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (46.8) while Washington ranks 20th (42.8).
- Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wizards have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 111.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average).