The Orlando Magic (21-50) will be 6-point underdogs at home in Amway Center when they clash against the Philadelphia 76ers (40-30). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Magic were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 93-86, while the 76ers were victorious over the Memphis Grizzlies, 119-105.
The 76ers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.530, had an extraordinary mark of 0.613, while the Grizzlies had a free throw rate of 0.162 (below their season average of 0.207). Orlando, on the other hand, forced Toronto into a turnover percentage of 16.8 (above their season average of 11.6). Orlando rallied around Nikola Vucevic, who contributed 15 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Ben Simmons played well for Philadelphia, contributing 13 points, nine assists and seven rebounds.
Orlando might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Philadelphia ranks fourth in defensive efficiency, while the Magic rank 25th in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the 76ers, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), will face off against the Magic, who rank 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent).
Games including the 76ers have finished under the O/U total 50.7 percent of the time. Philadelphia heads into the game with records of 40-30 straight up (SU) and 38-31 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is known to set the total high when the Magic are involved, as 57.7 percent of their games have finished under the O/U total. Moreover, Orlando owns records of 21-50 SU and 33-36-2 ATS.
Simmons has been impressive as of late for Philadelphia, averaging 13.2 points, 11.0 assists, 9.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
In their two matchups this season, the 76ers have won both. The two teams combined for 221 points in their most recent game, which was just over the projected point total of 217.5. Philadelphia won 116-105, covering as a 10-point favorite. The 76ers’ 25.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Magic, who had a mark of 14.3. Joel Embiid recorded a double-double with 28 points and 14 rebounds.
Philadelphia 76ers at Orlando Magic Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 10.3 fast break points per game, which ranks 20th in the league. The Magic rank 21st in fast break points allowed per game (12.5).
- Philadelphia ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while Orlando ranks last (49.1).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (26.1) while the Magic rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Orlando ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (7.9) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (8.7).
- Philadelphia ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.0) while Orlando ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (46.7) while the Magic rank 26th (41.1).
- The Magic rank 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5) while the 76ers rank last (19.1).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Orlando ranks 25th (10.7).
- Orlando is 9-7 when they allow less than 100 points, while Philadelphia is 17-0.
- The 76ers are 37-18 when they score more than 100 points, while the Magic are 21-28.
- Orlando is 14-19-1 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 17-20 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 21 of the Magic’s 34 home games, while 20 of the 76ers’ 37 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and Orlando have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Magic are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-3.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 112.6 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).