The Milwaukee Bucks (26-22) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they meet the Philadelphia 76ers (24-22). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Philadelphia 76ers at Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
The 76ers fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last contest, 122-112. With 27 points on 10-for-16 shooting, Joel Embiid was Philadelphia’s leading scorer. Oklahoma City had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 12.2). Philadelphia, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (25-31; 80.6 percent).
In the Bucks last game, they beat the Chicago Bulls, 110-96. With 27 points on 11-for-19 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.195 (below their season average of 0.227) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.617 (above their season average of 0.533). Chicago had marks of 0.138 and 0.483, respectively, for those same stats.
This battle pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Milwaukee currently ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.535) and Philadelphia is second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.492). This contest should be a battle of contrasting paces. The fast-breaking 76ers rank third in possessions per game, while the more methodical Bucks rank 26th.
Of Philadelphia’s 45 games that accepted bets, 24 have finished over the O/U total, while 26 of Milwaukee’s 47 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (24-22 for Philadelphia; 26-22 for Milwaukee), but the 76ers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 26-19 ATS, while the Bucks are 20-22-5.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the 76ers, it’s been Dario Saric, who has averaged 17.4 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.2 assists, while the Bucks have received solid contributions from Khris Middleton (24.6 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.8 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 210 points in that game, which was just over the projected point total of 209. The 76ers won 116-94, covering as 8-point favorites. The 76ers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.588. The Bucks had marks of 19.0 and 0.463, respectively, for those same stats. Despite the loss, Middleton put up a triple-double with 23 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists.
Philadelphia 76ers at Milwaukee Bucks Free Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.6) while the Bucks rank 29th (9.8).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (25.7) while Milwaukee ranks 14th (22.6).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (3.9) while Philadelphia ranks 23rd (5.2).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while Philadelphia ranks eighth (10.3).
- Philadelphia is 13-11 ATS on the road with 14 overs and 10 unders.
- Milwaukee is 9-13-3 ATS at home with 13 overs, 11 unders and 1 push.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Milwaukee is 11-3 and Philadelphia is 9-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Bucks are 22-12 and the 76ers are 21-15.
- The 76ers rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.9) while the Bucks rank 18th (45.0).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.3) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.6).
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the 76ers rank 28th (9.2).
- The 76ers rank 16th in three pointers attempted per game (29.0) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.5).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.1) while Philadelphia ranks last (19.7).
- Milwaukee is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Milwaukee has been defeated by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.0 points per game (6.7 below their season average).