The Indiana Pacers (29-24) can lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they challenge the Philadelphia 76ers (25-24) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Philadelphia 76ers at Indiana Pacers Free Preview
In the 76ers last game, they beat the Miami Heat, 103-97. With 17 points and 10 rebounds, Philadelphia’s Dario Saric played well. The 76ers held the Heat to an effective field goal percentage of 0.460 (below their season average of 0.521) and had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 15.1).
The Pacers are trying to rebound after their 133-126 loss to the Charlotte Hornets in their last outing. Victor Oladipo led Indiana in scoring with 35 points on 11-for-21 shooting. Charlotte had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (above their season average of 23.0). Indiana, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 13.3).
This battle pits one of the leagues top offenses against one of its elite defensesIndiana ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while Philadelphia is second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.494). Moreover, the 76ers are among the leagues elite on the offensive backboards, ranking third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent). The Pacers, meanwhile, rank 27th at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.9 percent.
Of Philadelphia’s 48 games that accepted bets, 26 have finished over the O/U total, while 29 of Indiana’s 52 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The 76ers are 25-24 SU and 26-22 ATS, while the Pacers are 29-24 SU and 28-24 ATS.
Darren Collison has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 14.8 points, 5.6 assists and 2.8 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 231 points, which was over the projected point total of 217. The 76ers won 121-110, covering as 5-point favorites. The 76ers offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Pacers. Philadelphia had a rate of 27.3, while Indiana posted a mark of 17.4. Oladipo had a stellar game with 31 points, seven assists and five rebounds.
Philadelphia 76ers at Indiana Pacers Odds Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Pacers rank 23rd (46.0).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Philadelphia ranks 18th (10.1).
- Philadelphia averages 25.5 assists per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Indiana ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (23.2).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.6) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.7).
- Indiana is 15-13 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 13-14 ATS on the road.
- The 76ers have 16 overs and 11 unders in 27 road games.
- The Pacers have 16 unders, 11 overs and 1 push in 28 home games.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Indiana is 16-2 and Philadelphia is 10-0.
- The Pacers are 25-11 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 22-16.
- The 76ers average 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Pacers rank 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while Philadelphia ranks last (19.2).
- The Pacers rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the 76ers rank 29th (8.9).
- The 76ers average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Pacers rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (46.7) while Indiana ranks 25th (41.4).
- Indiana is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 103.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average).