The Denver Nuggets (19-16) will be at home in Pepsi Center when they square off against the Philadelphia 76ers (15-19). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points with Denver opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Philadelphia 76ers at Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The last time the 76ers played, they were beaten by the Portland Trail Blazers, 114-110. Joel Embiid put together a good performance for Philadelphia, leading the team in scoring with 29 points on 9-for-21 shooting. Portland did a great job of making free throws (36-47; 76.6 percent). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 13.6).
The Nuggets are hoping for a better outcome after their 128-125 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last game. With 23 points and 10 rebounds, Denver’s Trey Lyles played well. Minnesota had a turnover percentage of 5.5 (better than their season average of 11.8). Denver, meanwhile, held the Timberwolves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.9 (below their season average of 25.3).
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Denver in this meeting. The Nuggets are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking second in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.3 percent. Meanwhile, Philadelphia ranks 12th in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 77.8 percent.
Of Philadelphia’s 34 games, 18 have finished over the projected point total, while 19 of Denver’s 35 games have finished under the O/U total. The Nuggets have the superior straight up (SU) record (19-16 vs. 15-19), but both teams are close to the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Lyles has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Denver, averaging 14.2 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The 76ers won the most recent contest 124-122. Philadelphia had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 27.5). Denver, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (33-41; 80.5 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Denver Nuggets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (47.0) while the Nuggets rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.4).
- Denver ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while Philadelphia ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in steals per game (8.4) while Denver ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Denver averages 14.1 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Philadelphia ranks ninth in fast break points allowed per game (10.2).
- Denver is 9-6 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 9-9 ATS on the road.
- Of the 76ers 18 road games, they have 11 overs and 7 unders.
- In 15 home games, the Nuggets have 8 unders and 7 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Denver is 10-2 and Philadelphia is 5-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the 76ers are 14-12 and the Nuggets are 16-10.
- The Nuggets rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while the 76ers rank 29th (5.8).
- Denver ranks first in second chance points per game (15.4) while Philadelphia ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9).
- The Nuggets rank 13th in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while the 76ers rank last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.4).
- The Nuggets rank third in rebounds allowed per game (40.9) while the 76ers rank 15th (43.1).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (26.1) while Denver ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Denver is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nuggets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 101.0 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average).