The Charlotte Hornets (34-43), 1.5-point underdogs, will have their hands full against the NBA’s top shooting defense when they clash against the Philadelphia 76ers (45-30) at Spectrum Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217.5 points and it will air on NBATV at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Charlotte Hornets ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Hornets lost to the Washington Wizards, 107-93, while the 76ers were victorious over the Atlanta Hawks, 101-91.
Philadelphia’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Atlanta. The 76ers had a rate of 0.484 (below their season average of 0.532), while the Hawks posted a mark of 0.401 (below their season average of 0.513). Charlotte, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.221 vs. 0.102). Charlotte’s Dwight Howard had a solid performance, finishing with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Ben Simmons, meanwhile led the way for Philadelphia with 13 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists to register his 10th triple-double this season.
Charlotte could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Charlotte ranks second in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.1 percent), while Philadelphia forces the ninth-fewest turnovers (13.2 percent). Furthermore, the 76ers rank first in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.491), while the Hornets rank 27th in effective field goal percentage (0.504).
A little over half of the 76ers games have finished over the total. Philadelphia holds records of 45-30 straight up (SU) and 44-31 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Hornets 76 games with betting action, 38 have finished over the total. Moreover, Charlotte is 34-43 SU and 31-41-4 ATS.
Marco Belinelli has taken his game to another level recently for Philadelphia, averaging 14.4 points over the last five games.
In their three contests this season, the 76ers have won all three. The two teams combined for 202 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 221. Philadelphia won 108-94, covering as a 9-point favorite. Philadelphia had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 vs. 12.2). Charlotte, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (24-30; 80.0 percent). Simmons played a huge role in the victory, recording a a triple-double with 11 points, 15 assists and 12 rebounds.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Charlotte Hornets Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Hornets rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Charlotte ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while Philadelphia ranks 29th (18.8).
- The 76ers average 47.2 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. The Hornets rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- Philadelphia ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while Charlotte ranks 17th (44.9).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in fast break points per game (11.1) while Charlotte ranks 27th (9.1).
- The Hornets rank second in steals allowed per game (6.5) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.7).
- The Hornets rank first in second chance points allowed per game (10.5) while the 76ers rank 14th (12.5).
- Philadelphia averages 29.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Charlotte ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (26.6) while Charlotte ranks 26th (21.3).
- Charlotte is 12-3 when they allow less than 100 points, while Philadelphia is 19-0.
- The 76ers are 42-18 when they reach the century mark, while the Hornets are 33-20.
- Charlotte is 17-21-1 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 19-20 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 21 of the 76ers 39 road games, while 21 of the Hornets 39 home games have gone over.
- The 76ers are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Hornets are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while Charlotte has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 116.0 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.4 points per game (4.9 below their season average).
- The Hornets have outscored opponents by an average of 9.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Charlotte has been defeated by an average of 0.2 points.