Atlantic Division foes will collide when the Brooklyn Nets (21-45) challenge the Philadelphia 76ers (35-29) at Barclays Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217 points with Philadelphia set as a 6.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 11, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
In the 76ers last contest, they were beaten by the Miami Heat, 108-99. Dario Saric put together a good performance for Philadelphia, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Miami had a better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 15.9). Philadelphia, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent).
The Nets hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Charlotte Hornets in their last contest, 125-111. Brooklyn received a boost from Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, who put up 18 points and 12 rebounds. Brooklyn played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (above their season average of 21.8) and a turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 13.0). Charlotte was 15.0 and 11.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The ineffective offense of Brooklyn will battle against the top-notch defense of Philadelphia. The Nets currently rank 23rd in offensive efficiency, while the 76ers are fifth in defensive efficiency. The 76ers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of Philadelphia’s 64 games, 32 have finished over the projected point total, while 36 of Brooklyn’s 66 games have finished under the O/U total. The 76ers have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (35-29 vs. 21-45), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Philadelphia is 36-28 ATS, while Brooklyn is 38-27-1 ATS.
DeMarre Carroll has been impressive over the last five games for Brooklyn, averaging 19.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 224 points, which was over the projected point total of 213.5. The Nets won 116-108, covering as 8-point underdogs. Brooklyn had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 16.7). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.1 vs. 11.0). In the loss, Joel Embiid had a double-double with 29 points and 14 rebounds.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while the Nets rank 21st (46.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 18th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while Brooklyn ranks last (14.5).
- Philadelphia averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- On the road, Philadelphia is 16-19 ATS with 19 overs and 16 unders.
- Brooklyn is 16-14-1 ATS at home with 18 unders and 13 overs.
- Philadelphia is 15-0 when they allow less than 100 points, while Brooklyn is 12-1.
- The Nets are 17-30 when they score above 100 points, while the 76ers are 32-18.
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (35.2) while the 76ers rank 16th (29.0).
- Philadelphia averages 46.5 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. Brooklyn ranks last in rebounds allowed per game (46.3).
- The 76ers rank sixth in second chance points per game (13.5) while the Nets rank 27th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.8) while the Nets rank 12th (23.2).
- Philadelphia ranks 10th in steals per game (8.1) while Brooklyn ranks last (6.2).
- Brooklyn is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average).