Atlantic Division foes will battle when the Brooklyn Nets (18-33) go head-to-head against the Philadelphia 76ers (24-23) at Barclays Center. Philadelphia opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Philadelphia 76ers at Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
The 76ers were beaten by the Milwaukee Bucks in their last game, 107-95. Philadelphia’s Dario Saric had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Milwaukee had a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 12.5). Philadelphia, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.7 vs. 19.5).
In the Nets last matchup, they were beaten by the New York Knicks, 111-95. With 11 points and seven assists, Brooklyn’s Spencer Dinwiddie had a good game. New York’s turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Brooklyn. The Knicks had a rate of 9.9 (better than their season average of 13.5), while the Nets posted a mark of 15.4 (above the 12.1 mark opponents have averaged against New York this season).
The inefficient offense of Brooklyn will clash against the elite defense of Philadelphia. The Nets currently rank 26th in offensive efficiency, while the 76ers are fourth in defensive efficiency. The 76ers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Philadelphia’s 47 games, 25 have finished over the projected point total, while 28 of Brooklyn’s 50 games have finished under the O/U total. The 76ers have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (24-23 vs. 18-33), but the Nets have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (30-19-1 vs. 26-21).
Saric has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 17.4 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the 76ers won three out of four games last season. In the most recent game, Brooklyn won 141-118. Brooklyn was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Nets made 29 of their 33 free throws (87.9 percent), while the 76ers were 20-27 (74.1 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.4) while the 76ers rank 18th (29.5).
- Philadelphia ranks 18th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (14.1).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (25.6) while Brooklyn ranks 18th (22.2).
- Philadelphia is 13-13 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 13-9-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 13 of the Nets 23 home games, while 15 of the 76ers 26 road games have gone over.
- Philadelphia is 9-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Brooklyn is 11-1.
- When reaching the century mark, the Nets are 14-21 and the 76ers are 21-15.
- The 76ers rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (41.8) while the Nets rank 16th (44.7).
- Philadelphia averages 47.2 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks last in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- The 76ers rank 10th in steals per game (8.1) while the Nets rank last (6.1).
- The 76ers average 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Nets rank 17th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8).
- Philadelphia averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.6 points per game (4.1 below their season average).