The Philadelphia 76ers (0-1) will travel to TD Garden to meet the Boston Celtics (1-0) in game two of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The Celtics opened as 3.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207 points and action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Boston Celtics ATS Odds
In game one, Rozier led the Celtics to a 117-101 victory. He recorded 29 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Boston covered as a 4.5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 218 points, which was over the projected point total of 205. Boston launched 35 three pointers, making 17 of them (48.6 percent). Philadelphia was, on the other hand, just 5-26 (19.2 percent).
Points could be at a premium in this battle between a pair of the NBA’s top defenses. Boston ranks second in defensive efficiency (102.6) and Philadelphia is third (102.8). Contrasting paces will be on display in this battle. The fast-breaking 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Celtics rank 23rd.
Just over half of the 76ers games have finished over the O/U total. Philadelphia holds records of 56-32 straight up (SU) and 52-36 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Philadelphia, just over half of Celtics games have finished over the projected point total. Additionally, Boston owns records of 60-30 SU and 54-32-4 ATS.
Al Horford and Terry Rozier have played well over the last five games for Boston. Horford has averaged 17.4 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks, while Rozier has recorded 15.4 points, 7.2 assists and 1.2 steals a game during that span.
Philadelphia 76ers at Boston Celtics Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while the 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while Boston ranks 29th (40.1).
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (27.0) while the Celtics rank 20th (22.4).
- Philadelphia averages 47.5 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Boston ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Boston ranks 27th (9.5).
- The Celtics rank sixth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.5).
- The 76ers rank fourth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Celtics rank 16th (12.4).
- Boston ranks 19th in blocks per game (4.5) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Boston ranks 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (18.5).
- Boston is 38-6 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Philadelphia is 23-0.
- The Celtics are 46-14 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 53-20.
- Boston is 25-17-4 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 23-22 ATS on the road.
- The 76ers have 25 overs and 20 unders in 45 road games.
- The Celtics have 27 overs and 19 unders in 46 home games.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Boston has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 101.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 97.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average).
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 4.6 for the season.