The Philadelphia 76ers, 2.5-point favorites, will travel to TD Garden to meet the Boston Celtics in the first game of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, April 30, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Celtics defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 112-96, while the 76ers beat the Miami Heat 104-91.
Philadelphia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.201) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 (below their season average of 25.6). Miami had marks of 0.148 and 18.5, respectively, for those same stats. The Celtics, meanwhile, had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 21.7), while the Bucks had a turnover percentage of 15.5 (above their season average of 12.3). Boston rallied around Terry Rozier, who put up 26 points, nine assists and six rebounds. Joel Embiid had a good outing for Philadelphia, contributing 19 points and 12 rebounds.
This showdown figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the league’s top defenses battle. Boston ranks third in defensive efficiency (102.6) and Philadelphia is second (102.6). Opposite paces will be on display in this matchup. The fast-paced 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Celtics rank 23rd.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of 76ers games, with 43 overs compared to 43 unders. Philadelphia holds records of 56-31 straight up (SU) and 52-35 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Celtics 89 games, 47 have finished over the total. Further, Boston is 59-30 SU and 53-32-4 ATS.
Ben Simmons and Marco Belinelli have played well over the last five games for Philadelphia. Simmons has averaged 16.2 points, 9.8 rebounds, 9.2 assists and 2.0 steals per game, while Belinelli has put up 17.0 points and 1.6 steals a game during that span.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Celtics average 30.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while Boston ranks 29th (40.1).
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (27.1) while the Celtics rank 20th (22.4).
- Philadelphia averages 47.6 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Boston ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Boston ranks 27th (9.4).
- The Celtics rank sixth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.5).
- The 76ers rank fifth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Celtics rank 16th (12.3).
- Boston averages 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the league. Philadelphia ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Boston ranks 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (18.4).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Boston is 38-6 and Philadelphia is 23-0.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the 76ers are 53-19 and the Celtics are 45-14.
- Philadelphia is 23-21 ATS on the road, while Boston is 24-17-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 24 of the 76ers 44 road games, while 26 of the Celtics 45 home games have gone over.
- The 76ers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Celtics are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Boston has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 96.8 points per game (7.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average).