The Philadelphia 76ers (1-3), 1.5-point favorites, will attempt to extend the series when they travel to TD Garden to go head-to-head against the Boston Celtics (3-1) in game five of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 204.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 9, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Boston Celtics Betting Odds
In game four, Simmons led the 76ers to a 103-92 win. He recorded a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds. Philadelphia covered as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 195 points, which was under the projected point total of 206.5. Philadelphia’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The 76ers had 16 offensive rebounds and 53 total rebounds, while the Celtics had six and 43, respectively.
This matchup figures to be low-scoring as two of the NBA’s best defenses battle. Boston ranks second in defensive efficiency (102.6) and Philadelphia is third (102.8). Opposite tempos will be on display in this battle. The up-and-down 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Celtics rank 23rd.
A little over half of the 76ers games have finished over the total. Philadelphia comes into the game with records of 57-34 straight up (SU) and 53-38 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Celtics games, with 49 overs compared to 43 unders. Additionally, Boston owns records of 62-31 SU and 56-33-4 ATS.
Terry Rozier has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Boston, averaging 21.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
Philadelphia 76ers at Boston Celtics ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while the 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.7).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while Boston ranks 29th (40.0).
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (27.0) while the Celtics rank 20th (22.3).
- Boston ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while Philadelphia ranks 26th (18.2).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.3) while Boston ranks 27th (9.5).
- The Celtics rank sixth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.4).
- The 76ers rank fourth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Celtics rank 16th (12.3).
- Boston averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 18th in the league. Philadelphia ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.6) while Boston ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- Philadelphia is 24-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Boston is 39-6.
- The Celtics are 48-14 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 54-21.
- Boston is 26-17-4 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 23-23 ATS on the road.
- Of the 76ers 46 road games, they have 26 overs and 20 unders.
- The Celtics have 28 overs and 19 unders in 47 home games.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 106.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The 76ers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Philadelphia has defeated opponents by an average of 4.5 points.