The Atlanta Hawks (24-57), 9.5-point underdogs, welcome the Philadelphia 76ers (50-30) to Philips Arena to commence their Eastern Conference schedules. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Hawks defeated the Boston Celtics 112-106, while the 76ers beat the Dallas Mavericks 109-97.
Philadelphia played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.099 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 25.2). For those same stats, Dallas was 0.064 and 18.9, respectively. Meanwhile, Atlanta’s 0.587 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Boston, who had a mark of 0.567. The Hawks’ mark was above their season average of 0.511. Atlanta’s Taurean Prince had a good game, putting up 33 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Meanwhile, Robert Covington played a key role for Philadelphia with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
Atlanta might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the league’s best defenses. Philadelphia currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency while the Hawks rank 26th in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the 76ers, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.2 percent), will try to take advantage of the Hawks, who rank 26th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent).
There does not appear to be a trend for 76ers games in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Philadelphia holds records of 50-30 straight up (SU) and 47-33 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Philadelphia, a little over half of Hawks games have finished under the projected point total. Further, Atlanta is 24-57 SU and 39-40-2 ATS.
Ben Simmons has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 18.2 points, 10.6 rebounds, 10.4 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
In their two matchups this year, the 76ers have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 192 points, well under the projected point total of 223. Philadelphia won 101-91, covering as a 7.5-point favorite. Philadelphia had a better effective field goal percentage (0.484 vs. 0.401). Atlanta, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 vs. 17.0). Simmons played a huge role in the victory, recording a a triple-double with 13 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Atlanta Hawks Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while the Hawks rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (30.6).
- Philadelphia averages 27.0 assists per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Atlanta ranks last in assists allowed per game (26.0).
- The 76ers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (46.9) while the Hawks rank 26th (41.2).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while Atlanta ranks 22nd (13.0).
- Philadelphia averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Atlanta ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (47.2) while the Hawks rank 25th (41.9).
- The 76ers rank seventh in steals per game (8.2) while the Hawks rank 24th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Philadelphia averages 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Atlanta ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7).
- Atlanta averages 17.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.4).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 21-0 and Atlanta is 12-4.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Hawks are 20-30 and the 76ers are 47-18.
- Atlanta is 19-21 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 21-20 ATS on the road.
- The 76ers have 22 overs and 19 unders in 41 road games.
- In 40 home games, the Hawks have 19 overs, 19 unders and 2 pushes.
- The Hawks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Atlanta has 4 unders and 1 over, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 119.2 points per game (9.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.4 points per game (1.1 above their season average).