The Philadelphia 76ers (14-17) will try to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Toronto when they travel to Air Canada Centre to go head-to-head with the Raptors (22-8). Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on TSN2 Toronto.
Philadelphia 76ers at Toronto Raptors ATS Preview
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Raptors winning both. In the most recent matchup, DeRozan scored a game-high 45 points and the Raptors beat the 76ers 114-109, covering as 4-point favorites. He also had five rebounds. The two teams combined for 223 points, which was 6 points above the projected point total of 217 points. The Raptors played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.376 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.3. For those same stats, the 76ers had marks of 0.116 and 33.3, respectively.
This matchup pits one of the leagues top offenses against one of its elite defensesToronto ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.547), while Philadelphia is fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the 76ers, it’s been Dario Saric, who has averaged 16.2 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.2 steals, while the Raptors have received great contributions from DeMar DeRozan (26.8 points and 5.2 assists).
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank seventh in steals per game (8.5) while the 76ers rank 28th in steals allowed per game (9.4).
- Toronto ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Philadelphia ranks 19th (9.5).
- Toronto ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while Philadelphia ranks 23rd (30.3).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (26.4) while Toronto ranks 13th in assists allowed per game (22.0).
- On the road, Philadelphia is 8-7 ATS with 10 overs and 5 unders.
- Toronto is 7-5 ATS at home with 7 overs and 5 unders.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Philadelphia is 4-0 and Toronto is 9-2.
- The Raptors are 21-4 when they reach 100 points, while the 76ers are 13-11.
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (48.6) while the Raptors rank 20th (42.1).
- Toronto ranks first in points off turnovers per game (20.4) while Philadelphia ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.3).
- The Raptors average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The 76ers rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- The 76ers rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.7) while the Raptors rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.2).
- Philadelphia averages 14.9 second chance points per game, which ranks second in the league. Toronto ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Toronto is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.4, up from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 110.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.6 points per game (3.2 above their season average).