The Philadelphia 76ers (1-1) will travel to AmericanAirlines Arena to meet the Miami Heat (1-1) in game three of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Heat opened as 2-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 216 points and it will air on TNT at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 19, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat ATS Odds
In game two, Wade led the Heat to a 113-103 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 28 points. Miami covered as a 6.5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 216 points, which was just under the projected point total of 217. Miami was effective at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Heat made 24 of their 30 free throws (80.0 percent), while the 76ers were 16-22 (72.7 percent).
Miami might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Philadelphia currently ranks third in defensive efficiency, while the Heat rank 20th in offensive efficiency. It will also be a battle of contrasting styles as the up-tempo 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Heat rank 21st.
Of the 76ers’ 84 games, 42 have finished over the total. Philadelphia heads into the contest with records of 53-31 straight up (SU) and 49-35 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Philadelphia, a little over half of Heat games have finished under the O/U total. Moreover, Miami is 45-39 SU and 42-38-4 ATS.
Marco Belinelli has really been playing well as of late for Philadelphia, averaging 19.2 points and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Heat average 30.4 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in second chance points per game (13.9) while Miami ranks 24th (11.2).
- The Heat rank 12th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.4).
- Miami ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (18.3).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Miami ranks 27th (9.3).
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (47.5) while the Heat rank 17th (43.5).
- The 76ers rank second in assists per game (27.1) while the Heat rank 16th (22.7).
- Philadelphia ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Miami ranks ninth (43.7).
- Miami averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Philadelphia ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Miami is 27-6 and Philadelphia is 22-0.
- The Heat are 33-19 when they score above 100 points, while the 76ers are 50-19.
- Miami is 17-22-2 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 21-21 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 21 of the Heat’s 41 home games, while 23 of the 76ers’ 42 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and Miami are both 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.4, up from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.8 points per game (12.5 above their season average).