The Philadelphia 76ers (2-1) will travel to AmericanAirlines Arena to square off with the Miami Heat (1-2) in game four of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The 76ers opened as 3-point favorites. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat ATS Odds
In game three, Simmons led the 76ers to a 128-108 win. He notched a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Philadelphia covered as a 2-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 236 points, which was well over the projected point total of 213. The 76ers 9.3 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Heat, who had a rate of 14.5.
Miami might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the leagues best defenses. Philadelphia ranks third in defensive efficiency, while the Heat rank 20th in offensive efficiency. It will also be a matchup of opposite paces as the up-and-down 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Heat rank 21st.
A little over half of the 76ers games have finished over the total. Philadelphia comes into the game with records of 54-31 straight up (SU) and 50-35 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Philadelphia, just over half of Heat games have finished under the total. Further, Miami owns records of 45-40 SU and 42-39-4 ATS.
Marco Belinelli has been playing at a high level recently for Philadelphia, averaging 17.8 points and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat Odds Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The Heat average 30.5 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.9) while Miami ranks 25th (11.1).
- The Heat rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while the 76ers rank 27th (18.3).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (27.1) while Miami ranks 16th (22.8).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Miami ranks 27th (9.4).
- The Heat rank sixth in blocks per game (5.4) while the 76ers rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- The Heat rank 13th in steals allowed per game (7.6) while the 76ers rank 25th (8.4).
- Philadelphia ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.1) while Miami ranks eighth (43.6).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (47.4) while Miami ranks 20th (43.4).
- Miami is 27-6 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 22-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the 76ers are 51-19 and the Heat are 33-20.
- Philadelphia is 22-21 ATS on the road, while Miami is 17-23-2 ATS at home.
- The 76ers have 24 overs and 19 unders in 43 road games.
- The Heat have 21 unders, 19 overs and 2 pushes in 42 home games.
- The 76ers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Heat are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 4 overs and 1 under, while Miami has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.0, up from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 117.0 points per game (13.4 above their season average).