The NBA’s top shooting defense will be 1.5-point underdogs on the road at Little Caesars Arena, when the Philadelphia 76ers (47-30) clash with the Detroit Pistons (37-40). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Detroit at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Pistons beat the Brooklyn Nets 108-96, while the 76ers dismantled the Brooklyn Nets 121-95.
Philadelphia played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.5 (below their season average of 25.4) and a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 14.4). Brooklyn was 5.9 and 16.5, respectively, for those same stats. The Pistons, meanwhile, made 25 of their 32 free throws (78.1 percent) and held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.2 (below their season average of 21.6). Reggie Jackson played a key role for Detroit with 29 points. Philadelphia, meanwhile, was led by Ben Simmons, who had 15 points, 12 rebounds and six assists.
The offense of Detroit will square off against the stingy defense of Philadelphia. The Pistons rank 20th in offensive efficiency, while the 76ers are fourth in defensive efficiency. The 76ers figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
76ers games have no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Philadelphia heads into the game with records of 47-30 straight up (SU) and 45-31 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Pistons have typically finished under the total (55.8 percent). Additionally, Detroit owns records of 37-40 SU and 38-37-2 ATS.
The 76ers’ Simmons has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13.6 points, 12.0 assists, 10.6 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Anthony Tolliver has averaged 14.2 points during that same time frame for the Pistons.
In their three contests this season, the 76ers have won all three. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 192 points, well under the projected point total of 210. Philadelphia won 114-78, covering as a 6-point favorite. Philadelphia out-rebounded Detroit. The 76ers had 13 offensive rebounds and 55 total rebounds, while the Pistons had six and 34, respectively. Simmons had a stellar game, with 19 points and nine assists.
Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while the Pistons rank eighth (43.4).
- Philadelphia averages 26.7 assists per game, which ranks second in the league. Detroit ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (25.0).
- The 76ers rank ninth in blocks per game (5.1) while the Pistons rank 27th (3.9).
- Philadelphia averages 47.3 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Detroit ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (43.7).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.5) while Detroit ranks 13th (12.7).
- The Pistons rank sixth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9) while the 76ers rank 28th (18.7).
- The 76ers rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while the Pistons rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.5).
- Detroit allows the fewest fast break points per game (9.7) while Philadelphia ranks fourth (10.3).
- Detroit ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Philadelphia ranks 26th (8.6).
- Philadelphia is 20-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Detroit is 21-6.
- The 76ers are 44-18 when they score over 100 points, while the Pistons are 33-17.
- Detroit is 18-19-1 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 20-20 ATS on the road.
- The 76ers have 21 overs and 19 unders in 40 road games.
- Of the Pistons’ 38 home games, they have 19 unders, 18 overs and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and Detroit are both 5-0 ATS.
- The 76ers have 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push over their last five games, while the Pistons have 3 overs and 2 unders
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.8, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (7.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.6 points per game (4.0 below their season average).