The Philadelphia 76ers (27-16) travel to Madison Square Garden to challenge the New York Knicks (10-32). The Knicks will attempt to put an end to a seven-game home losing streak. The game starts at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 13, 2019.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Knicks (8-point underdogs) were defeated by the Indiana Pacers, 121-106, while the 76ers (10.5-point favorites) fell to the Atlanta Hawks, 123-121. Both games went over their projected point totals. The New York game went 9 points over the projected point total of 218, while the Philadelphia game finished 10.5 points over the projected point total of 233.5.
Philadelphia forced Atlanta into a turnover percentage of 18.4 (above their season average of 15.4) while New York did a great job of making free throws (14-16; 87.5 percent). New York rallied around Damyean Dotson, who had 15 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Ben Simmons led the way for Philadelphia with 23 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds to register his sixth triple-double this year.
In their two matchups this season, the 76ers have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 240 points, which was over the projected point total of 228.5. Philadelphia won 131-109, covering as a 13-point favorite. Philadelphia’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The 76ers had nine offensive rebounds and 51 total rebounds, while the Knicks had four and 35, respectively. In the loss, Tim Hardaway Jr. led all scorers with 27 points.
Philadelphia may have a tough time creating turnovers. New York ranks sixth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.9 percent), while Philadelphia forces the fifth-fewest turnovers (12.4 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers at New York Knicks Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists per game (27.1) while New York ranks last (19.8).
- The Knicks rank 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9) while the 76ers rank 27th (18.3).
- Philadelphia ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.7) while New York ranks 29th (53.0).
- Philadelphia ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (31.6) while New York ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (32.6).
- The 76ers rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.2).
- The 76ers average 13.5 second chance points per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Knicks rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (14.3).
- Philadelphia averages 47.1 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. New York ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (47.8).
- Philadelphia is 7-0 when they allow below 100 points, while New York is 2-0.
- The 76ers are 27-12 when they reach the century mark, while the Knicks are 10-23.
- Philadelphia is 8-13 ATS on the road, while New York is 6-9-1 ATS at home.
- The 76ers have 12 overs and 9 unders in 21 road games.
- Of the Knicks’ 16 home games, they have 9 unders and 7 overs.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and New York are both 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 119.4 points per game (4.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 117.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 8.6 for the season.