The NBA’s top scoring defense will be at home in FedExForum, when the Memphis Grizzlies (6-4) clash with the Philadelphia 76ers (8-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 210 points and it begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Memphis Grizzlies ATS Odds
In the Grizzlies’ last game, they barely escaped the Denver Nuggets, 89-87, despite being 3-point underdogs. The 76ers, on the other hand, defeated the Charlotte Hornets, 133-132, but were unable to cover as 2.5-point favorites. The Memphis game finished 28 points under the projected point total of 204, while the Philadelphia game finished 48 points over the projected point total of 217.
Philadelphia dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.256) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.504). For those same stats, Charlotte recorded marks of 0.273 and 0.464, respectively. Memphis, meanwhile, made good use of their 25 trips to the free throw line, converting on 21 of them (84.0 percent). Denver was 15-19 (78.9 percent). Memphis was lifted by Marc Gasol, who had 20 points and 12 rebounds. Joel Embiid led the way for Philadelphia, finishing with 42 points and 18 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The 76ers won the most recent game 119-105. Philadelphia’s 0.613 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Memphis, who had a rate of 0.449. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
76ers games have no tendency in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Philadelphia has a solid 8-5 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 5-7 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Grizzlies are involved, as 70.0 percent of their games have gone under the O/U total. Additionally, Memphis owns records of 6-4 SU and 6-4 ATS.
Memphis could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Memphis ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.0 percent), while Philadelphia forces the fewest turnovers (10.8 percent). This contest should be a battle of opposite paces. The fast-breaking 76ers rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Grizzlies rank 30th.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank 17th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (9.5).
- Philadelphia ranks third in rebounds per game (49.8) while Memphis ranks 29th (37.3).
- The 76ers rank third in blocks per game (6.5) while the Grizzlies rank 20th (4.0).
- Philadelphia ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (33.2) while Memphis ranks 26th (27.1).
- Memphis ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.2) while Philadelphia ranks 15th (48.9).
- The Grizzlies rank second in steals per game (10.2) while the 76ers rank 22nd (6.5).
- The 76ers rank fourth in assists per game (26.2) while the Grizzlies rank 18th in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in fast break points per game (15.9) while Memphis ranks 18th in fast break points allowed per game (15.0).
- Memphis averages 21.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the league. Philadelphia ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.0).
- Philadelphia is 3-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Memphis is 4-1.
- The 76ers are 8-3 when they reach 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 4-2.
- Philadelphia is 1-5 ATS on the road, while Memphis is 4-0 ATS at home.
- Of the 76ers’ 6 road games, they have 3 overs and 3 unders.
- The Grizzlies have 2 overs and 2 unders in 4 home games.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia and Memphis are both 3-2 ATS.
- The 76ers have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Grizzlies have 4 unders and 1 over,
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average).
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 1.6 for the season.