The Los Angeles Clippers (5-7), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Philadelphia 76ers (6-6) to Staples Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219.5 points with Los Angeles set as a 2-point favorite. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Preview
The 76ers lost big to the Golden State Warriors in their last contest, 135-114. J.J. Redick had a good game for Philadelphia, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Golden State did a great job of converting from the free throw line (25-26; 96.2 percent). Philadelphia, meanwhile, held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.8 (below their season average of 23.2).
In the Clippers’ last matchup, they were blown out by the New Orleans Pelicans, 111-103. Blake Griffin led Los Angeles in scoring with 26 points on 9-for-27 shooting. New Orleans held the Clippers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.7 (below their season average of 29.0). Los Angeles, meanwhile, forced the Pelicans into a turnover percentage of 20.3 (above their season average of 13.8).
Los Angeles appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Clippers currently rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while the 76ers rank 15th in defensive efficiency. It will also be a battle of conflicting styles as the up-and-down 76ers rank fourth in possessions per game, while the more methodical Clippers rank 23rd.
Of Philadelphia’s 12 games, eight have finished over the projected point total, while 6 of Los Angeles’ 12 games have finished under the projected point total. The 76ers hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-6 SU and 8-4 ATS, while the Clippers are 5-7 SU and 5-7 ATS.
Robert Covington has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 17.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Clippers won the most recent contest 112-100. The Clippers dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.296 and a turnover percentage of 12.2. For those same stats, the 76ers were 0.119 and 15.1, respectively.
Philadelphia 76ers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Clippers average 19.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The 76ers rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.4).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in blocks per game (4.3) while Los Angeles ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Philadelphia averages 8.4 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- Philadelphia ranks 19th in fast break points per game (8.6) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (12.1).
- On the road, Philadelphia is 5-3 ATS with 6 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, Los Angeles is 3-4 ATS with 3 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Philadelphia is 2-0 and Los Angeles is 4-1.
- The Clippers are 5-6 when they reach the century mark, while the 76ers are 5-4.
- The 76ers rank third in rebounds per game (47.6) while the Clippers rank 11th in rebounds allowed per game (42.8).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (26.3) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (19.3).
- The Clippers rank fourth in second chance points per game (14.6) while the 76ers rank 21st in second chance points allowed per game (13.2).
- The Clippers rank fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while the 76ers rank ninth (42.0).
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (27.4) while Philadelphia ranks 25th (32.9).
- Los Angeles is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 8.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 113.2 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).