The Philadelphia 76ers (6-5) visit Bankers Life Fieldhouse to meet the Indiana Pacers (7-4). The 76ers are 2.5-point underdogs and can snap a five-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 216 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Philadelphia 76ers at Indiana Pacers ATS Odds
In their last game, the 76ers (4-point favorites) were defeated by the Brooklyn Nets, 122-97, while the Pacers (1-point favorites) fell to the Houston Rockets, 98-94. The Philadelphia game finished 3.5 points under the projected point total of 222.5, while the Indiana game went 23.5 points under the projected point total of 215.5.
Philadelphia did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (31-41; 75.6 percent) while Indiana had a free throw rate of 0.267 (above their season average of 0.162). Indiana’s Victor Oladipo had a good game, putting up 28 points and six rebounds. Ben Simmons, meanwhile fueled Philadelphia with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
The Pacers held the advantage in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the last matchup, Indiana won 101-98. Indiana had a much better turnover percentage (7.8 vs. 19.9). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.426). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Of the 76ers’ 11 games, six have finished over the total. Philadelphia heads into the game with records of 6-5 straight up (SU) and 4-7 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Pacers are involved, as seven of their 11 games have finished under the O/U total. Further, Indiana owns records of 7-4 SU and 5-5-1 ATS.
Oladipo has been playing at a high level as of late for Indiana, averaging 23.6 points, 8.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.2 steals over the last five games.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Indiana figures to have a noteworthy edge. The Pacers defense ranks ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508), while the Philadelphia offense is ranked 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.503). It could also be a sloppy game for the 76ers’ offense, which ranks 27th in ball security (turnover percentage of 15.1 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Pacers, which forces the fifth-most turnovers in the NBA (15.4 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers at Indiana Pacers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers average 12.9 second chance points per game, which ranks 17th in the league. The 76ers rank 20th in second chance points allowed per game (15.2).
- Philadelphia ranks third in rebounds per game (49.7) while Indiana ranks 28th (40.9).
- The 76ers rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (33.0) while the Pacers rank 26th (24.0).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers (20.3 per game) while Philadelphia ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed (17.6 per game).
- Indiana ranks eighth in steals per game (8.5) while Philadelphia ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Pacers rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.3) while the 76ers rank 18th (50.2).
- The 76ers rank 13th in blocks per game (5.6) while the Pacers rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- Philadelphia ranks 13th in fast break points per game (14.5) while Indiana ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (13.3).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in assists per game (25.8) while Indiana ranks 21st (22.5).
- Indiana is 2-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 2-0.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the 76ers are 6-3 and the Pacers are 7-1.
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 0-5 ATS on the road.
- In 5 road games, the 76ers have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers have 4 unders and 1 over in 5 home games.
- The 76ers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Indiana has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 110.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.