The Philadelphia 76ers (1-1), 3-point favorites, will travel to Barclays Center to clash against the Brooklyn Nets (1-1) in game three of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 227 points and it can be seen on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 18, 2019.
Philadelphia 76ers at Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
In game two, Simmons led the 76ers to a 145-123 victory. He registered a triple-double with 18 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 268 points, which was well over the projected point total of 224, and Philadelphia covered as an 8.5-point favorite. The 76ers’ 42.9 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Nets, who had a mark of 26.1.
Just over half of the 76ers’ games have finished over the total. Philadelphia comes into the contest with records of 52-32 straight up (SU) and 39-45 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Nets have no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Moreover, Brooklyn owns records of 43-41 SU and 46-38 ATS.
The 76ers’ Boban Marjanovic has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 11 points per game. Meanwhile, Caris LeVert has averaged 16 points,3.8 assists during that same time frame for the Nets.
The physical Brooklyn offense could be living from the foul line in this meeting. The Nets currently rank sixth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.212, while Philadelphia ranks 23rd in FTA rate allowed (0.207). Furthermore, the 76ers rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.8 percent), while the Nets rank 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent).
Philadelphia 76ers at Brooklyn Nets ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nets, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank 18th in steals per game (7.4) while the Nets rank 26th (6.6).
- Philadelphia averages 14.3 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (14.6).
- The Nets rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (11.7) while the 76ers rank 21st (14.6).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in assists per game (26.9) while Brooklyn ranks 21st (23.7).
- Philadelphia averages 49.6 points in the paint per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.4).
- The 76ers rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (43.4) while the Nets rank 24th (46.3).
- The Nets rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (36.0) while the 76ers rank 19th (30.0).
- Philadelphia averages 15.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 22nd in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Philadelphia ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Brooklyn ranks 21st (5.3).
- Philadelphia is 12-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Brooklyn is 13-1.
- The 76ers are 52-25 when they reach 100 points, while the Nets are 42-29.
- Brooklyn is 20-21 ATS at home, while Philadelphia is 17-24 ATS on the road.
- In 41 road games, the 76ers have 21 unders and 20 overs.
- In 41 home games, the Nets have 21 unders and 20 overs.
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Brooklyn has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Brooklyn has been defeated by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 117.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).