The Weber State Wildcats (5-5) will be at home in Dee Events Center when they take on the Pepperdine Waves (3-8). Weber State opened as an 8-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Pepperdine Waves vs. Weber State Wildcats Betting Preview
The last time the Waves played, they lost to the Belmont Bruins, 79-62. With 14 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Colbey Ross was Pepperdine’s leading scorer. Belmont had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.0 (above their season average of 22.7). Pepperdine, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (12-14; 85.7 percent).
The Wildcats come in on a high note after blowing out the UAPB Golden Lions in their last matchup, 96-74. With 30 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Jerrick Harding was the top scorer from either team. The Wildcats knocked down 23 of their 31 free throws (74.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.716 (above their season average of 0.591).
Weber State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their elite offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Wildcats rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.603), while Pepperdine ranks 336th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.571).Of Pepperdine’s 10 games with betting action, five have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Weber State’s 6 games have finished under the O/U total. The Wildcats have the better straight up (SU) record (5-5 vs. 3-8) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (3-3 vs. 3-6-1).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Waves won the sole contest played against each other last season, 69-68. The Waves played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 and a turnover percentage of 14.4. For those same stats, the Wildcats were 7.1 and 24.2, respectively.
Pepperdine Waves at Weber State Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Weber State, ATS Winner – Weber State, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Waves rank 147th (4.4).
- Pepperdine is 1-2-1 ATS on the road with 3 unders and 1 over.
- Weber State is 1-0 ATS at home with 1 under and 0 overs.
- Weber State ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Pepperdine ranks 239th (25.8).
- The Wildcats average 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Waves rank 226th in assists allowed per game (19.1).
- Pepperdine ranks 133rd in rebounds per game (36.2) while Weber State ranks 241st (32.1).
- Weber State is 1-1 ATS with 1 over and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Pepperdine is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, down from 9.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average).