The Pepperdine Waves (9-10, 2-3 WCC) will be at the Leavey Center to take on the Santa Clara Broncos (16-4, 3-2 WCC) in a WCC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
Pepperdine Waves vs. Santa Clara Broncos Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Broncos defeated the Pacific Tigers, 84-80, while the Waves lost to the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 78-69.
The Broncos made 31 of their 38 free throws (81.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.616 (above their season average of 0.535). Pepperdine, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (13-17; 76.5 percent). Santa Clara rallied around Trey Wertz, who put up 31 points. Meanwhile, Colbey Ross played well for Pepperdine, finishing with 24 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Broncos dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent contest, Santa Clara won 79-71. Santa Clara’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Pepperdine. The Broncos had a rate of 0.548 while the Waves posted a mark of 0.452. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Santa Clara could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Broncos currently rank 37th in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while Pepperdine ranks 316th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.530). Also, the Waves rank 26th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.281), while the Broncos rank 311th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.278).
Pepperdine Waves at Santa Clara Broncos Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Under
- Santa Clara averages 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. Pepperdine ranks 225th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Broncos rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Waves rank 68th (2.9).
- Santa Clara ranks 99th in steals per game (6.8) while Pepperdine ranks 138th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Broncos rank 44th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while the Waves rank 107th (20.9).
- Santa Clara ranks 190th in rebounds per game (34.8) while Pepperdine ranks 246th (33.1).
- The Broncos have been outscored by an average of 9.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Santa Clara has defeated opponents by an average of 7.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average).