The Pepperdine Waves (4-21, 1-12 WCC) can end an 11-game road losing streak when they challenge the Loyola Marymount Lions (7-17, 2-11 WCC) at Albert Gersten Pavilion. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Pepperdine Waves vs. Loyola Marymount Lions ATS Preview
The last time the Waves played, they lost a tough one against the San Diego Toreros, 68-66. Matthew Atewe put together a solid game for Pepperdine, recording 19 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks. San Diego made 15 of their 34 three pointers (44.1 percent). Pepperdine, on the other hand, held the Toreros to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below their season average of 24.4).
The Lions are hoping for a better outcome after their 83-62 loss to the No. 11 Saint Mary’s Gaels in their last matchup. Eli Scott was Loyola Marymount’s leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Saint Mary’s had an effective field goal percentage of 0.700 (above their season average of 0.598). Loyola Marymount, on the other hand, held the Gaels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.8 (below their season average of 29.2).
Scott has really been playing well over the last five games for Loyola Marymount, averaging 15.2 points and 8.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Waves won 71-70. The Waves played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.291 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1. For those same stats, the Lions recorded marks of 0.164 and 33.3, respectively. In the loss, Mattias Markusson had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Pepperdine Waves at Loyola Marymount Lions Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Under
- The Lions rank 60th in steals per game (7.1) while the Waves rank 85th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 104th in assists per game (14.5) while Pepperdine ranks 264th in assists allowed per game (18.1).
- The Lions rank 84th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Waves rank 231st (23.9).
- Pepperdine ranks 199th in rebounds per game (34.0) while Loyola Marymount ranks 231st (33.3).
- The Lions average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average).