The Belmont Bruins (6-5) will be at home in Curb Event Center when they go head-to-head against the Pepperdine Waves (3-7). Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Pepperdine Waves at Belmont Bruins Odds Preview
In the Waves last outing, they were beaten by the Long Beach State 49ers, 78-71. With 15 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Trae Berhow was Pepperdine’s leading scorer. Long Beach State did an excellent job of making free throws (12-17; 70.6 percent). Pepperdine, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 (above their season average of 33.4).
The Bruins come in on a high note after blowing out the Milwaukee Panthers in their last contest, 82-63. Belmont rallied around Amanze Egekeze, who was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Belmont dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.360 (above their season average of 0.227) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.640 (above their season average of 0.547). Milwaukee recorded marks of 0.108 and 0.431, respectively, for those same stats.
The sweet-shooting offense of Belmont (41st in the nation with an effective field goal percentage 0.554) will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Pepperdine (327th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.561). The Bruins should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Bruins won the only game last season, 85-77. Belmont did a great job of making free throws (6-8; 75.0 percent). Pepperdine, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 vs. 18.2).
Pepperdine Waves at Belmont Bruins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Over
- The Waves rank 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while the Bruins rank 118th (34.5).
- Belmont ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (31.6) while Pepperdine ranks 261st (16.5).
- The Bruins average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. The Waves rank 248th in assists allowed per game (19.2).
- Belmont ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Pepperdine ranks 169th (4.4).
- The Bruins have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Belmont has defeated opponents by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average).