The Penn State Nittany Lions (23-13) square off with the Marquette Golden Eagles (21-13) in the NIT at Al McGuire Center. The game will air on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
Penn State Nittany Lions at Marquette Golden Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Golden Eagles defeated the Oregon Ducks 101-92, while the Nittany Lions beat the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 73-63.
Penn State played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.345 (above their season average of 0.221) and a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 15.2). For those same stats, Notre Dame put up marks of 0.217 and 15.1, respectively. Meanwhile, Marquette’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Oregon. The Golden Eagles had a rate of 0.678 (above their season average of 0.565), while the Ducks posted a mark of 0.574. Andrew Rowsey fueled Marquette with 29 points and nine assists. Meanwhile, Penn State rallied around Josh Reaves, who finished with 18 points and nine rebounds.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Marquette takes on the elite defense of Penn State. The Golden Eagles rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while the Nittany Lions are 34th in defensive efficiency.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Marquette Golden Eagles Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Marquette, O/U – Under
- Marquette ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Penn State ranks 236th (19.5).
- The Golden Eagles rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Nittany Lions rank 176th (3.7).
- Penn State ranks 45th in steals per game (7.4) while Marquette ranks 136th (6.2).
- The Nittany Lions rank 60th in assists allowed per game (11.9) while the Golden Eagles rank 256th (15.0).
- Penn State ranks 134th in rebounds per game (35.8) while Marquette ranks 297th (31.9).
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 79.0 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average).
- The Nittany Lions’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 7.7 for the season.